O-fence?

Here's a question that has bothered me for a long time.  There's hardly a game that you don't see a shot of a fan with a D and a fence (a joke so so juvenile that my 8 year old thinks it's funny)

I've never seen a shot of a fan with an O and a fence.  Why not?

I suspect that the fake news media is the culprit.

• Haha (+1) 2

I've been saying that since I was a kid, lol. My friend and I tried to make an O-Fence sign when we were teens, but the fence looked stupid & we didn't bring it to the game. Still never seen one at a game.

4 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Here's a question that has bothered me for a long time.  There's hardly a game that you don't see a shot of a fan with a D and a fence (a joke so so juvenile that my 8 year old thinks it's funny)

I think it has to do with the relevance of the imagery. 

A FENCE is what you erect to restrict access or keep people out.  The job of the DEFENSE is to keep the opponent out of the endzone or restrict access.  It's a play on words that visually works.

It would make no sense to be waving around a restricted access/keep out image when your offense is trying to get IN to the endzone and score points.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It would make no sense to be waving around a restricted access/keep out image when your offense is trying to get IN to the endzone and score points.

Sounds like for those instances, they need a ‘JUST KEEP RUNNING UP THE SCORE!’ sign.  Let’s print up 5,000 and see how well they’re received.

4 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I suspect that the fake news media is the culprit.

Simple answer is that you don't want your fans chanting when you have the ball.   ?

• Like (+1) 2

At some point during the drought, when the Bills had a great defense but a terrible offense, I remember seeing a sign in the stadium that said, "There's something missing in BUFFAL"

• Haha (+1) 2