Let's get AJ Green

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I would usually draft the Edge/DE, but Yannick makes it simple this offseason. I wanted Barrett, but he isn't going anywhere.

What are your thoughts on LB? I'm really thinking a 2 down run stopper and kick Edmunds outside. It is cheap and will be effective enough

LBer is hard for me. Because whoever it is is likely a 2 down backer anyway with the amount of Nickel we end up playing. 

maybe someone like Klein is a UFA and has experience in McD system. 

Klein would likely come at about 4M AVV on a 3 year deal and back with McD 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Green is a HOF WR.  Who is he proving what to on these "prove" deals? 

That he can BE HEALTHY after only playing 9 football games in 32 over the past 2 years 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Pay value. His value is 1 year 15M prove it deal. Anything MORE is a MASSIVE risk and over pay and costs flexibility or player in the future. 

They overpaid for Star, Lee Smith, Trent Murphy and it's not hurting flexibility or future. And they're less talented than AJ. 

Just now, the skycap said:

How about incentive laden?

I am fine with a 1 year 15M incentive laden prove it deal. 

Alshon Jeffery contract to go to Eagles is my comparable

i guess you could make it a two year deal club option similar to Longs as long as it is minimal guaranteed money and incentive laden. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Mr. K said:

Watching A.J. Green get hurt what seems like every year for his entire career is enough for me to be a hard pass. Cost control prospect and/or mediocre free agent is more than likely what McBeane is going after. It'd be nice to pick up a no name guy and have him put up for Jordan Philips level production at WR though

His career?  He was extremely healthy until his 30s