Let's get AJ Green

42 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

And bump Ford inside and sign Conklin in FA.

Hokie, can you tell me about the TE from V Tech?

9 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

We need redundancy, as some have pointed out. I want the opponent to look at us and say man they have a lot of weapons. It is time to stop neglecting this area. Get me some more damn playmakers!!!

Maybe Josh wouldn't try so hard to "make a play for his team" if he had playmakers to do it for him.

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And Green is too nice. He said the tag would be ok. Maybe he’s interested in playing with Burrow though who knows 

I read somewhere that he said he would sit out if Bengals tagged him.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

We need redundancy, as some have pointed out. I want the opponent to look at us and say man they have a lot of weapons. It is time to stop neglecting this area. Get me some more damn playmakers!!!

Yep. WR1 in FA, RB2 in FA, WR early in the draft, and then the Bandit Special: Lynn Bowden in the draft! Gives you a versatile, Taysom Hill type threat that makes teams stop and think every time he’s on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I would not offer anything more than a 2 year deal (second year club option) with a little bit of guaranteed money. And very inventive based. 

anything more than that PASS. 

Agree. And even then.....if he has trouble seeing the field you might not be on the hook for a big payout but you also have to value the roster spot. Great as he has been his value is zero if not healthy.

This is said to be a fantastic draft for WR coming up. Chances are you can get a high end prospect in the late rounds. So take two if the value is clearly there.

I can't believe there are people who would be against signing AJ Green. To me, he seems like the perfect FA addition for this team. You're likely looking at a 2 year deal with decent guaranteed $ and many incentives. No team is going to break the bank for this guy, but he will necessitate a decent amount of cap space of which the Bills have plenty. If the Bills can add AJ and a WR in the 1st or 2nd, I can't imagine a better situation for a rookie WR to come into than a room that includes AJ, Brown, and Beasley. Expectations would be tempered, pressure would be lower, and the opportunity to learn and grow with great teammates who have done this at a high level would be extremely valuable.

I predict the Bills sign AJ to a 2 year deal worth about 22-24 Million. Cap hit of about 12. We'll draft a similar WR early (Jefferson, Tyler Johnson, Shenault, Higgins) and allow our young weapon to learn from one of the best to ever do it for a couple of years. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yep. WR1 in FA, RB2 in FA, WR early in the draft, and then the Bandit Special: Lynn Bowden in the draft! Gives you a versatile, Taysom Hill type threat that makes teams stop and think every time he’s on the field.

I wonder if mcbeane would be ok with Bowden’s off field stuff. Ohio state said no thanks. 

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

What are you thinking, perpetual motion machine?  A safe and miniaturized nuclear reactor for consumer vehicle use?  If he could pull either of those off I'd give him LOTS of guaranteed money!

Ahhh I meant Incentive based, not sure why my phone changed it to inventive

5 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Agree. And even then.....if he has trouble seeing the field you might not be on the hook for a big payout but you also have to value the roster spot. Great as he has been his value is zero if not healthy.

This is said to be a fantastic draft for WR coming up. Chances are you can get a high end prospect in the late rounds. So take two if the value is clearly there.

Once year that could grow to say 15M.  tie that growth if the contract based on availability.  Then the Club Option can also carry some guaranteed money if he hits performance triggers.  With his Injury History I am making him earn his guaranteed triggers.

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

A healthy aj green is exactly what the bills need

The problem a healthy aj green is no where to be found

I would bet a fair amount of money he was healthy enough by about week 10 and made a business decision to shut it down. I'm guessing that was fine with the Bengals because they were after the #1 overall pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

All for it but I would double down with a 1st round pick like Laviska Shenault,

This is the only way it makes sense for me.   Green could mentor Shenault for a year or two, much like Gore did with Singletary.     

But I want a dynamic young, big and strong WR that can grow with Josh more than I want Green at this stage of his career.    If Green takes reasonable money for a two year deal, no problem.    But I just don't think he's looking for reasonable money...