Let's get AJ Green

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Interesting theory and fertile grounds for discussion...

Should we be worried about his injury history?

It's a risk for sure but regardless, we're going to need some things to break our way in order to win a Superbowl- he's the kind of guy I'm open to betting on. 

Just now, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

It's a risk for sure but regardless, we're going to need some things to break our way in order to win a Superbowl- he's the kind of guy I'm open to betting on. 

We all know his capabilities when fit, so a lot of teams will be interested...

Being a realist, don’t think he is the type of risk that Beane will be outbidding the market for...

I could get behind it though...

• Like (+1) 1

I like Green. Not too worried about his injury stuff. He could of played this year. I think he wanted a new contract. They didn’t give him one. So why play one of your final seasons on a crap team? He’s not a OBJ kinda guy but I suspect behind the scenes he said pay me or trade me or I’m not playing. At this stage he’s gotta be ring chasing with a fair contract. 
I wouldn’t hate the signing. 
I would also explore trades. 
Diggs could be available with their cap mess, maybe see if Tampa would consider moving Evans with Godwin looking like a monster. Robert Woods probably isn’t the kind of receiver we need but I’d want him if he’s made available. Keenan Allen could be made available depending what happens with those guys. I like Alshon Jeffrey even with injury problems. 
I would rather trade a high or mid round pick for a proven impact kind of receiver than draft one early. Can still grab a young guy in the 4th or 5th and hope he works out or sign someone with potential in free agency. 

He's publicly stated that he wants to remain with the Bengals. Whether or not the team feels the same way is another story. That said, he'll be 32 at the start of the 2020 season and he's played a total of 35 games in the last four years combined...that's 35 out of a possible 64. He's getting old and brittle and people are intrigued because of his name. The production, or lack thereof, does not warrant the investment. No thanks.

• Like (+1) 9

He is a great receiver when healthy...but his injury history scares me. He has missed 29 games in 4 years. Only played in 9 games the last 2 seasons  And he will be 32 by the time next season starts.  Definitely interested, but not as interested as I might have been 3 years ago

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 3

I'd do a one year prove it deal. He's getting older and he's an injury concern.

53 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

He's publicly stated that he wants to remain with the Bengals. Whether or not the team feels the same way is another story. That said, he'll be 32 at the start of the 2020 season and he's played a total of 35 games in the last four years combined...that's 35 out of a possible 64. He's getting old and brittle and people are intrigued because of his name. The production, or lack thereof, does not warrant the investment. No thanks.

But everyone knows that, so I don't know if a team will be willing to throw tons of money at him.

• Like (+1) 1

I would also double down on him plus a first or second round WR.  One year deal with maybe a second year team option if he stays healthy and performs while the rookie learns the ropes the first year.

Allen could have a real breakout year with AJ/Brown/Beasley and a year under the belts of Ford/Singletary/Knox.  Maybe a healthy Kroft steps up.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I would also double down on him plus a first or second round WR.  One year deal with maybe a second year team option if he stays healthy and performs while the rookie learns the ropes the first year.

Allen could have a real breakout year with AJ/Brown/Beasley and a year under the belts of Ford/Singletary/Knox.  Maybe a healthy Kroft steps up.

I was just going to type this, thanks 1ManRaid

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

I love Duke but after the Houston game I'm wondering if his hands are good enough for an NFL receiver.

Zay Jones got a ton of chances with no apparent signs of good enough hands for an NFL receiver. 3 years with that many games and got a pass with that many drops, and we can't give Duke a full season?

As far as Green goes, yeah he's been a fantastic receiver, but we've dealt with a certain injury prone receiver in Watkins. I get that the comparison is night and day, but shelling out a contract to Green with him being that fragile just doesn't make sense in the long run

Edited by buffalo2218