Bills put up the most offensive yards on Wildcard Weekend with 425

Big Turk

36 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It was Knox who missed the block.  Not Morse.  But you are correct 

Honestly they had 3 people that needed to block one and nobody did it. Reminded me of the old story:

"This is a story about three people named  Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have"

I mean I don't care which of them blocked the guy but one of them needed to. It seemed like each of them thought the others would do it but nobody did.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

Daboll stays!

He has to be the most inconsistent play caller in the league.  He was aggressive in the first half and crawled in a shell for the second half.  His first down play calls in the second half were horrible and led to a lot of third and long situations.  They had one outside screen call to Singletary that went for 38 yards and he never ran it again.  He has been a problem all year. I hope Cleveland hires him.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I love this!!! First we won't know how many playoff teams we play next year until next year's regular season is over otherwise we would've only played 4 this year(Dallas, Pats****x 2 & Ravens). I also love that people still insist on trying to predetermine how tough or easy a schedule is before FA & the Draft are over and the first several weeks of the new season have been played. 5 of the 12 playoff teams from last year failed to make the playoffs, including the Super Bowl runner up. If you think coming up small in your first playoff game, on the road, is when you have 372 total yards on the day the offense gained 425, well hey that's on you not me. Play calling and offensive line penalties killed more drives than Josh Allen did and that's a fact. Lastly I'm glad you had to go back 40 years for your example,fail, but at least you know your memory is still there!!! I think you thought we were really going somewhere this year because you seem hurt. It would've been nice to get that first playoff win under our belt, but make no mistake this year was a steppingstone to the next several years.

EDIT: Forgot the Iggles were the 5th playoff team.

Predicting strength of schedule is sketch I admit. But Seattle, San Fran, KC should be tough.

Josh made some really good plays and some clunkers.  What I was referring to was our last drive in regulation and OT. Throwing one up for grabs to a double covered FB and making an ill advised lateral and taking sacks and int grounding and not winning is "coming up small" when it matters most IMHO.  

Teams gain the most yards and lose every week. No need to go back 30 years. Was just a memorable example.

I am disappointed. It was such a winnable game right there for the taking but was unrealized. When we make the playoffs I want to win. I admit it.   I hope you are right about the springboard season thing but it is far from guaranteed as you pointed out 5 playoff teams last year did not return.

Edited by reddogblitz

3 hours ago, deanjf said:

points, my friend, points

Drew Brees didn’t score many at home with a guy who caught 145 balls and fumbled at midfield in the 2nd half also.....  ooops not supposed to mention great QBs who make the exact same errors.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DollaBills said:

Putting up the most yards against not only the worst defense in the playoffs, but one of the worst in the league doesnt really mean anything to me

Statistically we weren't one of the great offenses of the league so it should have balanced out, right? I mean its not like we had the K Gun offense out there.

18 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He's God awful.

Most yardage in wildcard this weekend, who is out there?

18 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He's God awful.

I bet here stays won’t get the browns or other gigs

6 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Most yardage in wildcard this weekend, who is out there?

I bet here stays won’t get the browns or other gigs

He probably will stay, but in my opinion he should be fired. Every good coach will protect a young QB playing on the road in his first playoff game. Up or tied almost the entire 69 minutes and he calls for 46 pass plays? Josh was directly involved in 56 plays(46 passes/9 runs/catches the only TD) while only 21 runs by the RBs were called? On top of all the pass plays, he under used Singletary who was running really well when he got the chance. I only saw 1 or 2 play-action passes which help a QB out(See Kirk Cousins). When the Texans started getting to Josh there was only 1 screen called and where was the max protection to give him more time? That's not even getting into the player personnel usage throughout the game. Josh is now 2-4 when throwing 35 or more passes & 0-3 when throwing 40 or more times, Daboll should know that. It was a horrible game for Daboll, when it counted the most.