Cody Ford: Fans Told Me To “Kill Myself” after Playoff Penalty

Even if it had been his fault,  it's crazy how seriously fans take all of this. 

In the end it's obviously just a game. I think fans in general, no matter what sport, take it way too far with not only their own players but the opposition. And sometimes without any perspective whatsoever. 

I loved that Jeff Van Gundy moment a couple of years ago when DeAndre Jordan changed his mind after verbally committing to Dallas and stayed on the Clippers I think it was, The game he came back, they were just nasty to him and Van Gundy said, "All this guy did is change his mind. The same people who are booing him will be cheering Greg Hardy on Sunday", alluding to a guy that at the time was convicted of domestic violence somehow was given a pass over Jordan. 

It's the sick part of sports really. I get frustrated at times with the Bills but never to that degree, like another poster here said, that's really just blurring the line of sanity. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Nah.  It's just given a platform to the same stupid people who would have remained in the shadows before it was created...

I think, on some level, it makes you appear MORE of what you are, like money or alcohol. It’s lurking in there somewhere, but what comes out is what we see. It’s not always a good look. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Social media is a major contributor to the decline of Western civilization.  Steve Jobs is hailed as a hero, I disagree.

Mods, I apologize in advance for the rant.

Steve Jobs didn’t create social media so I don’t think you can blame him.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

This is the issue with making some of these guys whipping boys on here or social media. 
There’s a lot of Ford sucks on here. On Facebook. Twitter. Problem is he doesn’t suck. We know this. He’s playing out of position probably on top of being a rookie. 
When some of these guys are bashed non stop people run with it and it becomes “fact” to a lot. This scenario is an obvious fool overreacting to a loss and really extreme. 
There should be ways to hold people accountable for this kind of stuff. It’s disgusting and embarrassing as a fan. 

People are way too invested in sports at times.  It's just a game and despite my intention to be mad about the outcome from Saturday I had moved on less than 5 minutes after the end.  For people who make sports their sole purpose in living I would suggest to find other activities to balance life out.  Honestly, a couple of Sunday afternoons this past fall I just hopped in the pickup and went to a piece of property that I own and watched the deer run along the creek.  

Someone on Here who uses Twitter send Cody the link of this thread and let him read what die hard Bills fans like everyone on here feel about him. I’m sure everyone on here thinks that comment was a disgrace and everyone has Cody’s back. 

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Steve Jobs didn’t create social media so I don’t think you can blame him.  

Yes, I know and was going to edit my post but you beat me to it.  I'll spare TBD the sermon I give to my 21, 20, and 17 year-old kids on a daily basis regarding how the smartphone has ruined our society...

2 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

this type of behavior should be traceable and then some type of civil penal penalty issued

I would agree. Instead of email to verify tighten up security and make social security numbers to verify. Might not help users in other countries but you could always have settings to allow by country or something. 
Social media is the antichrist these days. It’s an extremely hateful place to look at comments. Easy to see the divide grow and build amongst lots of different groups of people from politics, to religion, sports. Just ugly all around and zero policing or repercussions for people to say the most crazy of things 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I say we do something nice for Cody. 

I think that’s a great idea. What can we do? Who’s on Twitter and has some Bills Mafia Pull? This would be a way to support what cause is close to him and his family. 

Or get the people that designed the Pancho Power T-Shirts to do something nice for this young man who is a rookie and a passionate Bill. 

Edited by wppete
  • Thank you (+1) 1