Cody Ford: Fans Told Me To “Kill Myself” after Playoff Penalty

He shouldn't kill himself, but somebody (though not me) should definitely slap him on the wrist for opting to double team a second rate interior lineman when JJ Watt was lined up in front of him and flew into the backfield unblocked. There was no TE next to Ford so Im guessing the DE was his assignment. 

A) That penalty was BS, played no baring on the play at all.  

B) If any Bills fans said any such thing that would be horrible and would be more of a reflection of how crappy of a human that they are.

C) I hope Cody is being honest about this, there has been a penchant for some professional athletes to embellish details to attempt to garner sympathy after committing acts that hurt their teams.

I'm not saying he has done this, I'm just saying I hope that isn't the case here.

8 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I actually did a search beforehand and nothing came up.  

It's not a problem to give it its' own thread.  Fans being total *****wads to players deserves some more exposure.

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Obviously despicable behavior by the "fans", but Ford needs to just ignore this crap, stay off social media and work on becoming a better football player, FFS.       

I can not disagree with this take on the problem. 

Step away from the Social Media and Work on your Blocking, Cody;

Take a Lindy Swing class with Feliciano so you stop tripping each other;

Be the Man.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not a problem to give it its' own thread.  Fans being total *****wads to players deserves some more exposure.

I can not disagree with this take on the problem. 

Step away from the Social Media and Work on your Blocking, Cody;

Take a Lindy Swing class with Feliciano so you stop tripping each other;

Be the Man.

ok sorry, thanks man 

Ah, I'd give partial credit for this despicable tweet to Booger "the Eater" McFarland--

Saying Ford was selfish for this penalty.

Thats simply wrong.  Ford wasnt selfish, he was trying to play the game.

The official, for some assinine reason, decided he needed attention, and needed to inteject himself into the game.

It was a horrible call.  Horrible timing.  And, according to Mike Periera, simply wrong.