Cody Ford: Fans Told Me To “Kill Myself” after Playoff Penalty

Ford made that block just like he probably has since little league football and he would probably do it again. why? because it was a legal clean block. The official who made the call invented a foul on that play and just like the pow wow after the kickoff non TD, the refs should have conferred and overturned it.  The imbecile who threatened Ford on the internet should be saving his hate for the ref in question or the NFL and its poorly thought out and applied rules .

9 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

this type of behavior should be traceable and then some type of civil penal penalty issued

Sorry this isn't Britain.

Separately... That was a BS call on Ford... Also if you look at this guy (kids?) Twitter he was saying stuff like her was going to kill himself during the game, and i think pretty much half the fan base probably said something like they were going to have a heart attack from the game and family members didn't dial 911. I'm sure when people say they hope we kill the dolphins when we play them they don't mean the Bills run on the field with machetes. When someone says Josh Allen has massive balls they don't actually mean he has elephantitus. When people say Josh Allen has a rocket for an arm, they don't mean he's had surgery to place a rocket launcher on his arm. It's banter and it's the internet.

Would i say something like that? Hell no. But I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch over it -- also I'm not actually wearing panties. 

People need to calm the hell down and ignore this loser. Cody needs to not seek this stuff out he wasn't even at'd in the tweet. Dude needs to grow up.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Sorry this isn't Britain.

Separately... That was a BS call on Ford... Also if you look at this guy (kids?) Twitter he was saying stuff like her was going to kill himself during the game, and i think pretty much half the fan base probably said something like they were going to have a heart attack from the game and family members didn't dial 911. I'm sure when people say they hope we kill the dolphins when we play them they don't mean the Bills run on the field with machetes. When someone says Josh Allen has massive balls they don't actually mean he has elephantitus. When people say Josh Allen has a rocket for an arm, they don't mean he's had surgery to place a rocket launcher on his arm. It's banter and it's the internet.

Would i say something like that? Hell no. But I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch over it -- also I'm not actually wearing panties. 

People need to calm the hell down and ignore this loser. Cody needs to not seek this stuff out he wasn't even at'd in the tweet. Dude needs to grow up.

You’re a real gem. I just keep waiting for you to bring qualitative dialog to the forum..

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Hell, you see that daily here.

I stand by my assessment of this fanbase as unintelligent.

I joked around in another thread that this forum should develop and institute a message board version of the Wonderlic...

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Nice.

I won't tell you what I think about Democrats in the hope of not letting this degenerate, and because there's a whole forum for this ***** nonsense.

Ah, just messing about. I'd say the same about the so-called left base as well.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re a real gem. I just keep waiting for you to bring qualitative dialog to the forum..

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you watching you consistent troll and throw you internet moderator weight around this message board.

Silly me for commenting about the topic at hand within the thread. 

Take a chill pill boss man.

• Like (+1) 1

Of course, no fan has any business saying anything of the sort.  However, the Bills have hundreds of thousands of fans.  When there are that many fans, there are going to be some that are total idiots.  I hope Ford develops some thick skin and learns to ignore the idiots on the fringe.

Ugh, barf. I hate seeing sh*t like this. These guys are human beings, but some people act like they're just friggin' football robots or something. Crap has to stop, you'd figure it would've stopped after someone set Leodis McKelvin's damn lawn on fire after he blew it against the Pats back in '09, I believe... but here we are. 

Kid played hard all year long and definitely bought into the culture the minute he got here, that's all you can ask for. I think he'll get better, and if he doesn't end up as their starting right tackle then they've at least got a heck of a guard they can use to replace Spain if he walks (although I did just read that Spain told his agent that if the Bills want him back he would like to come to a deal before free agency starts). 

I was bummed when they lost, too. But I didn't get on Twitter and berate the guy. Have some dang class, BillsMafia! Kid probably felt bad enough as it was, even though it was a super weak penalty to call. The officials ought to be grounded, or at least put in time-out for a good month or twelve. Friggin' jerks.

15 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

https://buffalonews.com/2020/01/05/buffalo-bills-houston-texans-cody-ford-penalty-social-media/

This is horrible.  It’s one thing to criticize a players performance on the field, it’s another to say this kind of BS.   Even though we are frustrated, this is ridiculous 

Obviously despicable behavior by the "fans", but Ford needs to just ignore this crap, stay off social media and work on becoming a better football player, FFS.