Cody Ford: Fans Told Me To “Kill Myself” after Playoff Penalty

3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

This is the issue with making some of these guys whipping boys on here or social media. 
There’s a lot of Ford sucks on here. On Facebook. Twitter. Problem is he doesn’t suck. We know this. He’s playing out of position probably on top of being a rookie. 
When some of these guys are bashed non stop people run with it and it becomes “fact” to a lot. This scenario is an obvious fool overreacting to a loss and really extreme. 
There should be ways to hold people accountable for this kind of stuff. It’s disgusting and embarrassing as a fan. 

Thank you. You have an inkling of what it’s like to Moderate here, following a loss. An idiot makes a witless post or thread, crusades it and it garners sheep. 

3 hours ago, NC Book said:

A very loser/scummy remark to tell someone to kill oneself. That one or two individuals definitely do not reflect on this fan base as a whole.

Sadly, it’s far more than one or two.

3 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

this type of behavior should be traceable and then some type of civil penal penalty issued

It is. It’s been reported up to and through to the FBI.

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Someone on Here who uses Twitter send Cody the link of this thread and let him read what die hard Bills fans like everyone on here feel about him. I’m sure everyone on here thinks that comment was a disgrace and everyone has Cody’s back. 

LINK posted. Be careful how you reply.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This was already discussed in the Airport thread, but probably deserves its own thread

A topic previously discussed ad nausea in another thread yet @Phil The Thrill is compelled to start another thread about it? I’m shocked. SHOCKED I tell ya!

18 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Look.. terrible thing to say regardless, but is  this dude even a Bills fan?

Lets not beat up Bills fans in general of this is the case..

He is. “In general”? Of course not. But don’t be blind. He’s far from a lone wolf in these parts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cody Ford has weathered a ton of criticism, and now apparently personal threats, as a rookie playing Right Tackle, the 2nd most difficult OL position.  He learned a lot, improved along the way, and did OK for a rook.  The call against him was the tickiest of ticky-tack calls.  Don't listen to the haterz Cody, there are plenty of people here who support you.

• Like (+1) 1

It's absolutely reprehensible that people like this guy walk around spewing such hateful garbage. Unfortunately, the world is full of ignorant, obtuse internet bullies and 'tough guys'. I hope he never reproduces because his children would deserve much better. Put it behind you, Cody. Peace. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Someone on this board posted they wanted the plane to crash on the way home.

Grotesque

Who? Mods, please ban that person for life.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don't think James is a Bills fan, probably an angry gambler.

Edited by Turk71

5 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I’m not surprised by this, and frankly, that’s upsetting. 

This is the kind of thing that has become acceptable in a world run by twitter 

This kind of thing has been happening for a very long time - way before twitter - twitter has allowed it to be shared so now everyone knows what is occurring.

Cody don't let an idiot or two get you down. You don't deserve that and I don't think the penalty was deserved either. Have a great off-season and look forward to next year. The Bills will build on this and be even better.

Edited by Turk71

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Someone on this board posted they wanted the plane to crash on the way home.

Grotesque

That should be a lifetime ban. What the hell is wrong with people?

• Like (+1) 1

Cody's play has been a bit questionable, but I guarantee if Gronk had elbow dropped Tre in front of him, he would've laid Gronk out (unlike Preston Brown). Win or lose, that is the type of guy I want on my team..

6 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

https://buffalonews.com/2020/01/05/buffalo-bills-houston-texans-cody-ford-penalty-social-media/

This is horrible.  It’s one thing to criticize a players performance on the field, it’s another to say this kind of BS.   Even though we are frustrated, this is ridiculous 

that is disgusting and pathetic and those people need counseling.

I just want add that Cody Ford is NOT why we lost the game.  And I'm glad he's on the team playing very well each week. 

People can be idiots and one of the problems in the world today is the internet gives them all a platform to voice their insanity for all to see.  

I thought I was bad for wanting Brady to get forced into retirement by Big Ed this year... legally of course. Cody Ford will be just fine. Any fans that think a penalty or the refs cost us the game is looking for reasons other than game play and decision making. Those were the issues and thats where the loss came from. This is what happens when you have fans that jump through 1 too many tables. It supposed to be fun right?