Cody Ford: Fans Told Me To “Kill Myself” after Playoff Penalty

3 minutes ago, Cal said:

Ford got blown up all game and made a bad mistake with that penalty. No excuse to say that to him though. Unfortunately players have to deal with this stuff. Football is not everything 

The NFL has admitted it was the wrong call.  The refs have to start paying for making the wrong call or no call.

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

https://buffalonews.com/2020/01/05/buffalo-bills-houston-texans-cody-ford-penalty-social-media/

This is horrible.  It’s one thing to criticize a players performance on the field, it’s another to say this kind of BS.   Even though we are frustrated, this is ridiculous 

Obviously people at the Buffalo News don’t read Twitter much. It usually is negative and can often be an extreme viewpoint. Very few people hang their hat on threats over Twitter because of the current 100’s of daily social and political  threats that make it seem being an ahole is now acceptable. It is not. I am sure Cody got thousands of positive comments over the course of the year so one stupid psycho should not be enough for an article to glorify it. 

Edited by Locomark

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Every athlete with a social media account probably gets similar comments.  I'd stay off social media if I was a pro athlete but you forget how young these players are as they grew up with it.

Yeah, I put no stock in social media since I didn't develop with it.

The call itself and the loss should affect Ford. Comments from random Twitter people should not affect him. So, if the comments are really affecting him, then I think he needs to grow up. It's good for him to raise awareness on social media abuse, though. In order to change this part of our culture, it will be a constant battle. Athletes are good spokespeople for it.

Stupid people say stupid things at times. There is no room for behavior like that for sure. Hang in there young man I assure you a true Bills fan would not say something like that. Thanks for a great year and let's get em next time.

I’m sure that tool posts on here, seeing some of the hate that gets thrown around here when we lose, I’m sure gets spewed at the players when the don’t live up to the fans expectations. People really don’t think, obviously this dude is hurt, and to have no understanding of the game. Disappointing 

• Like (+1) 2

Bills fans are better than this. Cody has a bright future and has had an exceptional year.  We all make mistakes but former officials have already announced it was a bad call. These fans aren’t in their right minds. Cody should know we got his back on this one. 

2 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I’m sure that tool posts on here, seeing some of the hate that gets thrown around here when we lose, I’m sure gets spewed at the players when the don’t live up to the fans expectations. People really don’t think, obviously this dude is hurt, and to have no understanding of the game. Disappointing 

Yeah there was a post last night I won’t go into much detail but it involved the entire team in a disgusting comment. The mods were quick to erase it. That’s what social media needs. Actual mods. Actual bans. 

Sad that one drunk idiot gets this much attention.

We have an awesome fan base, and a handful of losers like every single fan base in the world.

Personally, if I were Cody I would have laughed it off and not repeated it simply because it gives life to such a hollow, stupid comment made by a few scumbags.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Yeah there was a post last night I won’t go into much detail but it involved the entire team in a disgusting comment. The mods were quick to erase it. That’s what social media needs. Actual mods. Actual bans. 

Not surprising. It can get pretty insufferable here after a loss. I’m baffled by many things I see written here. I have a heavy bag hangin in the garage, I curse and beat that thing when games like this happen, or beat the couch ?.  My wife had a cpl girlfriends over last night, they didn’t know what was happening lol, I lost it, but it helps to get it out instead of being irrational in your feelings here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

https://buffalonews.com/2020/01/05/buffalo-bills-houston-texans-cody-ford-penalty-social-media/

This is horrible.  It’s one thing to criticize a players performance on the field, it’s another to say this kind of BS.   Even though we are frustrated, this is ridiculous 

Mad about penalty but i think the refs screwed Bills on that one at that critical part of the game.

55 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

This was already discussed in the Airport thread, but probably deserves its own thread