Rumor: Brady won’t give Patriots hometown discount as he did in the past

syhuang

13 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Nope none- he is in absolute decline. He must come to grips.

I’m not sure if he’ll be worth whatever he got last year. He’s not worth paying like the top QB’s anymore. He missed his window for asking for top dollar, but I’m shedding no tears for him. 

5 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Nope. Brady was still Brady back then and Garapolo was going to have his rookie deal expire.

But there were people in that building who thought they should move on. I am not as sure as some media were at the time that Belichick was among them but there were those (on the personnel side) saying "This kid can play and Brady is 40 shouldn't we at least think about this?" 

Brady heard it went to Kraft and the instruction came from the top "move Jimmy G". They gave him away in comparison to what they could have got. A young non threatening rebuilding NFC team was the perfect place for him to be sent. 

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You saw the shape he's in. You think he can do that a year older?

I’m not saying it’s a good idea. It was a joke. But if your asking me who would give us a better chance to win: Brady current day, even in a severe decline or Josh Allen? I’m not even going to answer. The guy is literally the greatest QB in NFL history and even in his “down year” threw for more yards then any Bills QB did in their prime. With no WRs. He’s way, way past his great years and probably just about done. (And I was just playing around anyway) But a motivated Brady next year will still be very dangerous. Hopefully he finally leaves the division.

17 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He’s going to be 43 years old, it’s not like he’s going to get a record breaking deal anywhere. I think he looked like crap this year. Even with his TB 12 vitamins with Dolphin ***** he looked old, tired and not into it. 

^ this.  Why would anyone sign him for big money?

1 minute ago, Real McNasty said:

Bench your future for a 43 yr old QB whom every Bills fan should hate? Not really that silly in my mind. If Allen is our QB he plays if not find a young replacement in FA or the draft. 

I mean, I was joking. It would never happen. But it’s not just a rando 43 year old. It’s the most accomplished player in NFL history. If he was on the Bills, why would you not watch? What if they were winning and ended up with a championship?

13 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Kraft will never let him go to another team.  That's why Garapolo is in SF.

Why do people keep saying this. Brady had just signed a 2 year extension. It would have cost them 17+ million in dead cap if they traded him.and the franchise tag for garrapolo would have been 24 million for a back up. Wasnt happening.