Rumor: Brady won’t give Patriots hometown discount as he did in the past

syhuang

Guaranteed dirtbag Kraft was paying Brady under the table the remainder of the $$$$$$ that Brady wasn’t get paid and masking it as a discount. I don’t think Brady would that amount of money on the table. Kraft Corporation I’m sure was somehow in business with Giselle’s company.  These people are scum. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean, I was joking. It would never happen. But it’s not just a rando 43 year old. It’s the most accomplished player in NFL history. If he was on the Bills, why would you not watch? What if they were winning and ended up with a championship?

Signing Brady means you done with JA which I don't agree with at all. Now if your done with JA and sign Brady you need to get another 1-2nd rd rookie QB to develop behind Brady.  I won't stick around for that non-sense that will get this FO and entire staff fired. 

I personally think Brady is done and has nothing to offer. 

6 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Why do people keep saying this. Brady had just signed a 2 year extension. It would have cost them 17+ million in dead cap if they traded him.and the franchise tag for garrapolo would have been 24 million for a back up. Wasnt happening.

Patriots fans probably would know that, Bills fans could give a *****.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

Guaranteed dirtbag Kraft was paying Brady under the table the remainder of the $$$$$$ that Brady wasn’t get paid and masking it as a discount. I don’t think Brady would that amount of money on the table. Kraft Corporation I’m sure was somehow in business with Giselle’s company.  These people are scum. 

Lies, Brady earned that $10 million contract for working the night shift at the Gillette razor factory, fair and square. 

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

I’m 100% sure this was happing and it would be one of my top 10 questions I would ask Brady for the lie detector test.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m 100% sure this was happing and it would be one of my top 10 questions I would ask Brady for the lie detector test.

Im sure the whole NFL and all fans have thought this. Makes absolutely no sense any major star in any sport to do this, and no other player has. And now at the age of 43 he won’t give the hometown discount? Please!  Kraft and NE are already proven cheaters over and over again. I’m 100% this is the case. 

Edited by wppete

37 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

They can sign Dalton and not miss a beat.

At  first I balked at this suggestion, but now I think you may be right. They managed to win plenty of games with Brady playing pretty mediocre. Dalton has been mediocre, but with Belichick he would surely improve.

They wouldn't have the "Brady Magic" to work with, but they would be a formidable team, that would still be a playoff team, if not a Super Bowl contender.

Edited by 32ABBA

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Im sure the whole NFL and all fans have thought this. Makes absolutely no sense any major star in any sport to do this, and no other player has. And now at the age of 43 he won’t give the hometown discount? Please!  Kraft and NE are already proven cheaters over and over again. I’m 100% this is the case. 

At that time Brady was making 16 or 17 mil while other QB’s were making 28 to 30+. It’s one of those things you know is happing its just how do you prove it.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

His play declined this year

Remember: in the Superbowl he threw 0 TD and 1 INT and scored 13 points

Against the Titans he threw 1 INT 0 TD and scored 13 points.

Some blame the supporting cast but last year he had Gronk and a healthy Edelman and had the same result.

This year he was missing throws and panicking under pressure. He was also banged up.

None of that gets better at age 43.

If NE has to pay him the going rate of 25-30 million they are going to have to let other guys walk.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

At that time Brady was making 16 or 17 mil while other QB’s were making 28 to 30+. It’s one of those things you know is happing its just how do you prove it.

It really is mind blowing that this is not a major story. Just goes to show that the NFL at the highest levels is all a production. How has no other owner GM or Coach not call Kraft and Bellichick out on this. Amazing! 

Edited by wppete

There is a lot to consider:

- Kraft's willingness to part with Brady, who is like a son to him.

- Belichick's willingness to preside over a rebuild with Stidham or some other young QB.

- The team's internal belief about Stidham.

- Whether McDaniels gets a HC job - he is probably the first domino to drop since he'll be interviewing this week.

- Brady's pride - would he take a discount?

- The plausibility of resigning Brady at a $$ amount he is happy with as well as completely retooling the skill players on offense, along with a new offensive coordinator. They have nothing right now.