Rumor: Brady won’t give Patriots hometown discount as he did in the past

syhuang

NFL Rumors: Tom Brady Won’t Take Hometown Discount To Stay With Patriots

“Well, here’s the thing: First of all, does he go back to the New England Patriots? He’s an unrestricted free agent and the Patriots cannot franchise him,” Glazer said. “I’m told if he does go back to the Patriots, he doesn’t want to do the same hometown discount he’s done in the past. So then you also look at other options out there. Certainly a team he’d help with their fan base, but there’s been talks about him going somewhere with Josh McDaniels. There’s only four openings, only one without a quarterback. That’s the Carolina Panthers. I just don’t see that happening. I think he fits better in, obviously, with the Patriots, but then it comes down to money.”

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

He has no leverage. 

He has some. There is no heir apparent and they pick in the low 20’s. 

I probably pony up for one more year if I am the Pats, and do whatever it takes to get near the top of the draft this year. 

2 minutes ago, familykwi said:

Who's his obvious replacement?  I think other suitors are leverage.

Also, when did the Panthers cut Cam and Allen?  I thought they had QBs.  A poor take all in all.

I think the Panthers would move on from Cam if they thought there was a viable alternative. That alternative is not Kyle Allen. Nor is it Will Grier. 

Edited by GunnerBill

18 minutes ago, Mango said:

He has some. There is no heir apparent and they pick in the low 20’s. 

I probably pony up for one more year if I am the Pats, and do whatever it takes to get near the top of the draft this year. 

They can sign Dalton and not miss a beat.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, familykwi said:

Who's his obvious replacement?  I think other suitors are leverage.

Also, when did the Panthers cut Cam and Allen?  I thought they had QBs.  A poor take all in all.

Dalton.

Edited by Chicken Boo