DK Metcalf mea culpa

cage

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Well you must have forgotten Zay over Kupp... 1 million times worse

Beane was not GM for that draft. That was McDermott and Whaley. 

Beane has fantastic while the GM for the Bills. If anything passing on Metcalf could be a mistake but I still believe in Cody Ford. 

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Sad part is whenever the bills trade up for players, it never seems to work out so well...

I think it worked out just fine with Allen.  Had Arizona beat us in the bidding war to draft Allen we would have been forced to draft Josh Rosen.  Think about that for a second!

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Beane was not GM for that draft. That was McDermott and Whaley. 

Beane has fantastic while the GM for the Bills. If anything passing on Metcalf could be a mistake but I still believe in Cody Ford. 

I agree and as I've said about other picks EVERY team is going to miss on guys in EVERY draft.  It comes with the territory. But with that being said, bean & McD are going to have to be willing to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on an offensive skill player - something they seem reluctant to do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think it worked out just fine with Allen.  Had Arizona beat us in the bidding war to draft Allen we would have been forced to draft Josh Rosen.  Think about that for a second!

Maybe Beane's next QB choice after Allen was Lamar Jackson?

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Sad part is whenever the bills trade up for players, it never seems to work out so well...

Buffalo drafted up for Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds.  The book isn't finished being written on them, but they should be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, cage said:

Man, if there was one guy I didn't want the Bills to draft last year it was DK Metcalf.... would he ever be an asset to Josh Allen in hindsight.  Would have made a hell of a 2nd round pick

I was a big Metcalf fan. Ooo well. 

now I am a big Shenault Jr fan. 

• Like (+1) 2

I know this thread is about Metcalf but even if you assume that Beane did not see the value, it does not excuse adding more talent at the receiving position. Emmanuel Sanders was available in the middle of the season. He could be had and yet we did not try/outbid the 49ers. He would have been a great vet presence on and off the field for a young QB. There was no excuse not to get him 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, familykwi said:

I don't think he'd have the same productivity with Josh that he has with Wilson.  We would not be singing his praises the same way as a result.

That said, he'd be a nice toy to play with.

Duke Williams is Kmart DK Metcalf. The only problem Josh had with Duke was getting the ball to stick to his hands. Saying DK wouldn’t have been productive here is a stretch. 

• Like (+1) 1

I really like Josh but I'll admit when you have accuracy issues as a QB a WR with height, size and hands is a best friend in waiting. DK would've been a great fit and I'm sure McBeane won't make the same mistake this off season. You have to be Brees/Rodgers accurate when you have smallish receivers like Smoke and Sauce.

I still want Bryant Johnson Mia culpa.?

but seriously DK would be awesome and I can’t help but watch him play and think it would be awesome to watch Josh throw it ten yards over his head? GO BILLS!!!

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

And who will likely get moved to guard.  We could have had Metcalf and likely drafted a guard later in the draft

or kept Wyatt Teller.... this is getting worse by the post

56 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree and as I've said about other picks EVERY team is going to miss on guys in EVERY draft.  It comes with the territory. But with that being said, bean & McD are going to have to be willing to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on an offensive skill player - something they seem reluctant to do.

could have taken Jackson over Rosen.   

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

This I will disagree with. He’s actually perfect for Allen. Just put it somewhere in his vicinity to go up and get it. 

He would have wonderful to have here, it was a mistake not taking him in the second. Every team makes mistakes though.

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

The craziest part about it to me is everything I have read and seen on the kid he totally seems like a McDermott process guy.  I think even back then they knew they would be going after a WR in this upcoming draft.  At the end of the day you cannot fill every hole at once(that's what she said)

She is wrong, I have 2 hands as well.

• Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I know this thread is about Metcalf but even if you assume that Beane did not see the value, it does not excuse adding more talent at the receiving position. Emmanuel Sanders was available in the middle of the season. He could be had and yet we did not try/outbid the 49ers. He would have been a great vet presence on and off the field for a young QB. There was no excuse not to get him 

all of this.    McBeane needs some consultants to help them address the wr room.