DK Metcalf mea culpa

cage

8 minutes ago, cage said:

Man, if there was one guy I didn't want the Bills to draft last year it was DK Metcalf.... would he ever be an asset to Josh Allen in hindsight.  Would have made a hell of a 2nd round pick

have to agree AND watching him interviewed, I expected a diva or something else that explained his fall in the draft, but he was humble and all about his team. 

mea cupla here as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, cage said:

Man, if there was one guy I didn't want the Bills to draft last year it was DK Metcalf.... would he ever be an asset to Josh Allen in hindsight.  Would have made a hell of a 2nd round pick

You should dwell on this for the next five years or so at least. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I still won’t apologize. We are one year in and he has Russel Wilson throwing him the rock. He’s better than advertised as far as only running straight line routes but come on it’s Russel Wilson. Everyone is open during his scramble drills. Seattle was the best possible landing spot in the world for him. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, familykwi said:

I don't think he'd have the same productivity with Josh that he has with Wilson.  We would not be singing his praises the same way as a result.

That said, he'd be a nice toy to play with.

This I will disagree with. He’s actually perfect for Allen. Just put it somewhere in his vicinity to go up and get it. 

• Like (+1) 1

The craziest part about it to me is everything I have read and seen on the kid he totally seems like a McDermott process guy.  I think even back then they knew they would be going after a WR in this upcoming draft.  At the end of the day you cannot fill every hole at once(that's what she said)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I still won’t apologize. We are one year in and he has Russel Wilson throwing him the rock. He’s better than advertised as far as only running straight line routes but come on it’s Russel Wilson. Everyone is open during his scramble drills. Seattle was the best possible landing spot in the world for him. 

He’s just one more nfl wr making plays and catches no one on buffalos current roster makes in practice, much less games. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He’s just one more nfl wr making plays and catches no one on buffalos current roster makes in practice, much less games. 

And he makes them in Seattle. I don’t see the point. We needed a lineman as well. It’s not a miss on a draft pick in year one. 

Classic case of teams overthinking it. I was a DK fan and was hoping he’d be the pick in rd 2. When he wasn’t, I was praying he’d drop to our third rd selection, but alas it wasn’t meant to be. Glad we got Singletary though. And Knox, although I wish we’d stop trading up. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, familykwi said:

I don't think he'd have the same productivity with Josh that he has with Wilson.  We would not be singing his praises the same way as a result.

That said, he'd be a nice toy to play with.

I don't know about that.  Allen seems to like big receivers.  Look at all the targets Duke gets when he plays.  And if this is a swipe at Allen, Brown went over 1,000 yards with Allen throwing to him.  So I suspect that Metcalf would have exploded, especially in the 2nd half of the season, had we taken him in the 2nd round last draft.