Matt Milano and missed tackle

The most disappointing part of the final Houston drive was the missed tackle by Milano who has missed other key tackles during the season.  Never mind the DB who also missed  Milano  is a starting LB and there is no excuse at all for not wrapping up Watson.  I keep watching the replay and just don't know how a starting LB misses a clean shot a QB at the most pivotal moment of the game.  Then i watch JJ'S sack on Allen where he picks Allen and carries him to the ground.   The worst part is our HC talked about the importance of tackling during the week

• Awesome! (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The most disappointing part of the final Houston drive was the missed tackle by Milano who has missed other key tackles during the season.  Never mind the DB who also missed  Milano  is a starting LB and there is no excuse at all for not wrapping up Watson.  I keep watching the replay and just don't know how a starting LB misses a clean shot a QB at the most pivotal moment of the game.  Then i watch JJ'S sack on Allen where he picks Allen and carries him to the ground.   The worst part is our HC talked about the importance of tackling during the week

He’s played better than average all year. It was high pressure situation and we lost the moment. It’s not his fault. Also considering we’re he was drafted, he fair exceeded expectations. 

We lost due to field goals instead of TDs in the first half. Questionable O play calling, D played soft instead of attacking in the 2nd half. And then awful calls by the ref. 

The overturn of the kickoff TD, was huge. That was a live ball, ref got it right and was talked out of the correct call! That would likely have ended the game in our favor. 

The whole team played bad ( except Singultary) the 2nd half. I blame the coaches for that. 

Matt is a very good LB. No reason to diss him. He is an important piece to this young team!

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Milano did not play well the last quarter of the season.  He just didn't seem to be himself.

When you say he didn't seem to be himself, does that imply a lack of arms to finish the tackle?  He also bounced off of Burkhead on the last TD play.

1 minute ago, sunshynman said:

He’s played better than average all year. It was high pressure situation and we lost the moment. It’s not his fault. Also considering we’re he was drafted, he fair exceeded expectations. 

We lost due to field goals instead of TDs in the first half. Questionable O play calling, D played soft instead of attacking in the 2nd half. And then awful calls by the ref. 

The overturn of the kickoff TD, was huge. That was a live ball, ref got it right and was talked out of the correct call! That would likely have ended the game in our favor. 

The whole team played bad ( except Singultary) the 2nd half. I blame the coaches for that. 

Matt is a very good LB. No reason to diss him. He is an important piece to this young team!

I agree Milano is a very good player, but everyone who makes mistakes is subject to criticism.  If you make plays we celebrate you, if you are a non-factor, we tend to ignore you (hello Mr. Beasley) and if you make significant errors, like not wrapping up when you tackle and it leads directly to points, then we criticize you.

That's the gig

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sunshynman said:

Milano has been pretty good overall, but you still can’t excuse his whiff on the Watson should have been sack. It was absolutely his fault because he whiffed. It’s the NFL, and where you were drafted only matters during the draft and maybe in your wallet. Other things went wrong, but Milano was a big factor. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, familykwi said:

When you say he didn't seem to be himself, does that imply a lack of arms to finish the tackle?  He also bounced off of Burkhead on the last TD play.

Yup that was another missed tackle

4 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

Other reasons were important but the missed tackle cost us the game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

Game never should have come down to that. He’s done more good then bad this season. Not like he was drafted as the best LB ever in the first round! 

if Mack Missed the tackle you would say, it happens. Milano did not lose us the game. 

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Can we stop with "cost us the game" comments.  There were MANY miscues, so to say it was just one thing is myopic.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Milano did not play well the last quarter of the season.  He just didn't seem to be himself.

I think other than a 4 or 5 week spell (just after he missed that game with injury) when he played well he has been below his 2018 form. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, EDinRTP said:

I will not say anything bad about the defense in this game.  Overall, they were outstanding.  My beef is with the offensive play calling.

For all the offense's issues yesterday, the most critical play of the game (year/decade/millennium) was giving up a 3d and 18 on a ***** dump off.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

For all the offense's issues yesterday, the most critical play of the game (year/decade/millennium) was giving up a 3d and 18 on a ***** dump off.

That stands out to me far more than the missed tackles on Watson. That first down should never happen, Watson plays happen.