Jump to content
StHustle

2019 Re-Draft: Cody Ford vs DK Metcalf

In a redraft, would you still choose Cody Ford over DK Metcalf?  

110 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would you take?



Recommended Posts

Just now, Lurker said:

 

I'd have taken Gronk in the 2nd round...

No i posted the night of the draft that i wanted him and then we take Ford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

BTW, DK Metcalf just set a record for receiving yards for a rookie WR in his first playoff game.

 

160.

 

Any big plays for Ed last night I missed?

 

 

I saw. I thought DK was hugely impressive tonight. Ed was all over their line last night when he was in but he didn't have a game changing play, no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I saw. I thought DK was hugely impressive tonight. Ed was all over their line last night when he was in but he didn't have a game changing play, no. 

 

Lotta that going around this year, unfortunately.

 

Edit: let's hope you're right about Oliver's "top end talent." I need like 8 sacks at a minimum next year.

 

 

Edited by Joe in Winslow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

 

Lotta that going around this year, unfortunately.

 

 

 

Ed had a really good rookie year. He is going to be a really good player for a very long time. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No brainer stupid draft 

Edited by ALLEN1QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should’ve been AJ Brown.  I think Ford might end up good,  but they could’ve signed another journeymen and gotten the same, if not better production.  Definitely thought either AJ or DK would be a Buffalo Bill on draft day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:


So the Patriots, who had a need passed on him, and took Harry. 
 

The Ravens, Titans, and Niners, all took receivers NOT named D.K. Metcalf. 
 

Talent evaluators saw a lot they didn’t like in him, and Seattle took a swing and came away with a good player. 

 

 

 

Harry was hurt early but he looks like he's going to be good.  He and Tre White had a nice battle last game.   A guy that big that returns punts very well too?   We'd be very high on him if he were ours.

 

Brown, Brown and Samuel all had excellent rookie seasons so you are barking up the wrong tree there.

 

They are better in relation to Metcalf than Josh Allen is to Lamar Jackson so not really calling those choices glaring mistakes like Ford over Metcalf.

 

Cody Ford sucked at a position(RT) where a lot of teams cut corners and use journeymen and have plenty of success.

 

You need a RT?   Two of the best available in FA.   Not unusual.   You can have a great offense with a bad RT so teams don't like paying them.

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't know yet Metcalf was a guy I wanted just send him deep and josh throwing to him would have made everything under neath be open.  But because Mr. Bean did not give Josh a running back to play with this year it takes away from what this line and ford could do I think this line and ford are taylor made for a big 200 pound back run behind but Bean does not see it this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He was my guy, just think if they had read my posts we would have Cooper Kupp and Metcalf.

 

 

Those would be killer weapons for Skelton!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Metcalf was an absolute beast tonight. I hate it that the Seahawks got him. 

Yeah,it sucks. Other teams have good players. Wish the Bills could pick all of them. May as well go bang your head against a brick wall or something . Or become a Seahawks fan. Your handle says it all. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Metcalf was an absolute beast tonight. I hate it that the Seahawks got him. 

 

Better there than in New England.   

 

Belechik's a dummy for passing on him...

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah,it sucks. Other teams have good players. Wish the Bills could pick all of them. May as well go bang your head against a brick wall or something . Or become a Seahawks fan. Your handle says it all. 

When was the last time that we lucked into a game changing player like Metcalf without doing anything in the draft? I'm seriously trying to think of anyone. Maybe Fred Jackson in a minor way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Livinginthepast said:

When was the last time that we lucked into a game changing player like Metcalf without doing anything in the draft? I'm seriously trying to think of anyone. Maybe Fred Jackson in a minor way?

Pretty sure Fred was UDFA. NFL Europa or something. It’s been a long time, but what can you do. Probably Polian era. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

When was the last time that we lucked into a game changing player like Metcalf without doing anything in the draft? 

 

Jason Peters     Too soon?   

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I would have been fine with Metcalf in the 2nd but I wanted Oliver in the 1st.

 

I don’t fault BB for taking Ford. I will fault them for trying to keep him at RT.

I was always about Oliver early but Metcalf could have been had at top of 2nd. Ford was a reach just because of our desperation for a RT.

I like to think it may have been our plan to move Ford inside after year 1 all along and target a RT in FA and that is why we signed Ty and only played Ford part time at RT. 

So I can’t judge this overall yet until 

a) I see how Cody does as a guard.   And 

b) I see who draft in the first round as a WR

 

GMs always look years ahead and they may have just liked this years’ WR draft class value better for round 1. Metcalf is really good but who is to say he will be better than any of the top 3-5 guys of 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would still take Ford on this offense and this quarterback. Ford needs to be moved to guard and he'll be a good player for a long time. He's not a tackle at the NFL level, but he'll make a great guard. If I had to choose between a great guard or a so-so WR with a great QB I'll take the guard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never understood why Metcalf slipped so far down in the draft. Dude is and was a freak of nature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

Harry was hurt early but he looks like he's going to be good.  He and Tre White had a nice battle last game.   A guy that big that returns punts very well too?   We'd be very high on him if he were ours.

 

Brown, Brown and Samuel all had excellent rookie seasons so you are barking up the wrong tree there.

 

They are better in relation to Metcalf than Josh Allen is to Lamar Jackson so not really calling those choices glaring mistakes like Ford over Metcalf.

 

Cody Ford sucked at a position(RT) where a lot of teams cut corners and use journeymen and have plenty of success.

 

You need a RT?   Two of the best available in FA.   Not unusual.   You can have a great offense with a bad RT so teams don't like paying them.

   


I was pointing out that other teams with a need at the position, passed on Metcalf. You claimed that didn’t happen. 
 

Ford played poorly at times, and better at others. That’s what happens. It’s obvious that the plan was to groom Ford and bring him along slowly, but injuries happened and he was forced to play. 

 

I stand by my vote. I’d still take Ford over Metcalf, because I’m not convinced he would have produced the way that he did in Seattle, and that’s because of the coaching staff, specifically the S&C coaches.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

Metcalf was an absolute beast tonight. I hate it that the Seahawks got him. 


He catches that ball that duke dropped with ease 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:


He catches that ball that duke dropped with ease 

But that was a contested pass. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dopey said:

But that was a contested pass. 😄


Contested by his right and left palms 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...