2019 Re-Draft: Cody Ford vs DK Metcalf

StHustle

In a redraft, would you still choose Cody Ford over DK Metcalf?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you take?

No brainer.  

Metcalfe already has outperformed his draft projection.   His hands are better than advertised, and his size is great.   If he'd been in Buffalo this season, we would have been spared a hundred Duke Williams threads, because Metcalfe would have playing and Brown and Beasley would have been fine.  

Hindsight is 20-20.

Plus, Ford may well turn out to be a very good lineman for a long time.   If you get a good player in the draft, it doesn't matter so much that you might have done better with someone else.  

Metcalf ran stiff and upright during the predraft workouts and didn’t put a full route tree on film in college.  He was a high upside projection that worked out.  Ford showed heavy feet in college and appears to be a bit off-kilter mentally.  I’d give him one year at guard and then cut bait if he doesn’t cut down on his mistakes.  Wasted pick most likely.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And I still wouldn't take him at 9. But without doubt they should have taken one of those two receivers in the 2nd. And wouldn't have had to trade up (which they did for Ford) to do it. 

Ed had better be SPECTACULAR next year.

Like top 3 at the position. Because I have a feeling DK will be tearing it up.

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Ed had better be SPECTACULAR next year.

Like top 3 at the position. Because I have a feeling DK will be tearing it up.

Ed will have an outstanding career. He is a top end talent. I have zero doubts. His rookie year compares favourably with the rookie years of all the top 3 techs in the league not name Aaron Donald.  

EDIT: Oh and your boy still isn't even the best receiver in his draft from his own school. ;)

Edited by GunnerBill

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Ed will have an outstanding career. He is a top end talent. I have zero doubts. His rookie year compares favourably with the rookie years of all the top 3 techs in the league not name Aaron Donald.  

BTW, DK Metcalf just set a record for receiving yards for a rookie WR in his first playoff game.

Any big plays for Ed last night I missed?

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

BTW, DK Metcalf just set a record for receiving yards for a rookie WR in his first playoff game.

Any big plays for Ed last night I missed?

I saw. I thought DK was hugely impressive tonight. Ed was all over their line last night when he was in but he didn't have a game changing play, no. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I saw. I thought DK was hugely impressive tonight. Ed was all over their line last night when he was in but he didn't have a game changing play, no. 

Lotta that going around this year, unfortunately.

Edit: let's hope you're right about Oliver's "top end talent." I need like 8 sacks at a minimum next year.

Edited by Joe in Winslow