Mafia Road Attendance

Locomark

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Having moved south it’s no surprise that the tons of WNY transplants attend games in Places like Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte and all of Florida. Houston was kind of surprising, that’s taking it to a new level. 

The Houston game surprised me. You could hear the noise on the television and you could see them go with a silent count...I expect the southern games and the California / Arizona games to usually be a good turnout. It would be nice post Brady if we could start turning Foxboro against them too...

Aside from the obvious heartbreak, it really was an amazing weekend.  So many Bills fans, having fun and enjoying each other's company.  It's so great to be a part of that.  I posted this in the tailgate thread, but for those who might not have seen it.

View of the 2 parking lots we filled up:

YrC3agwRHUObrE54p_qGlFGC-DzskvKYwovYc2U2

And a quick video in the middle of it all:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Yep.  There’s western NY’ers everywhere!

I’ve been to about 40 home games starting with the 1993 season, but never a road game.  Hope to change that one of these days.

Not all of us Bills fans are from Western NY you know. As a matter of fact I have never been nearly close to NY. ***** I went to see the Bills in Oakland a few years back. That was my first Bills game.

• Like (+1) 2

Vegas is going to be insane next year. Make your plans early. Granted, there are a lot of good cities next season and several west coast trips.

I agree that the combination of ease, this team being pretty good, the playoffs and some nice away cities made this year a little different. I actually expect next year to be even bigger. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just my opinion but nothing will ever top Nashville this past season in terms of a Bills fan invasion.  I've been going to road games all over the country for the last 20 years...

Nashville was far and away the best time I've had...setting aside the outcome of the game.

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just my opinion but nothing will ever top Nashville this past season in terms of a Bills fan invasion.  I've been going to road games all over the country for the last 20 years...

Nashville was far and away the best time I've had...setting aside the outcome of the game.

It was just weird. There are lots of times (or always in our case) where the Bills are EXTREMELY well-represented. That’s the only time that I’ve ever seen the road team have the majority. I really don’t believe that’s hyperbole either. That stadium was AT LEAST 50% Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

You don't think the Vegas game next season has a shot?

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Nope. Further away, more expensive trip and tickets will be hard to come by in the Raiders inaugural season. It won’t  be close in terms of the invasion.  

I disagree here. EVERYONE is planning on going to Vegas. Unless it is on a holiday weekend or something it will be insane.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I disagree here. EVERYONE is planning on going to Vegas. Unless it is on a holiday weekend or something it will be insane.

And if you don't get tickets you will be able to watch the game on huge screens at open air venues on the strip...........and be in Vegas.   

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There is no official way of counting, but if you go by your previous post of upwards of 30,000 Bills fans in Nashville(roughly half the stadium), I'd be surprised if that number is topped in Vegas.  

Don't get me wrong, it will be a great time, but I think the difficulty in getting tickets, will be a big detriment.  I personally would not drop $1000-$1500(airfare, hotel and spending) to go all that way(from WNY) to watch the Bills on TV,

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, toto8 said:

Not all of us Bills fans are from Western NY you know. As a matter of fact I have never been nearly close to NY. ***** I went to see the Bills in Oakland a few years back. That was my first Bills game.

That's me too.

Born, raised and living in California and I'm a Bills fan.

17 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

There is no official way of counting, but if you go by your previous post of upwards of 30,000 Bills fans in Nashville(roughly half the stadium), I'd be surprised if that number is topped in Vegas.  

Don't get me wrong, it will be a great time, but I think the difficulty in getting tickets, will be a big detriment.  I personally would not drop $1000-$1500(airfare, hotel and spending) to go all that way(from WNY) to watch the Bills on TV,

People were paying $1000 a flight to get to Houston. I know it’s a playoff game but still Bills fans are different. There is a destination on everyone’s list each year. This year was Nashville (and Miami as always). Next year Vegas is the list. It’s easy to get to, rooms are cheap and you can convince your buddies to go pretty easily. That’s why I think it will rival any game ever. As an example, when we travel we may have 8 or 10 of the people that would like to go. With Vegas it will be double that. No one is finding a reason not to. Additionally, people are talking about it now. There is PLENTY of time to save and prepare. Unless it is around the holidays or their 1st game it will be packed with Bills fans. 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

People were paying $1000 a flight to get to Houston. I know it’s a playoff game but still Bills fans are different. There is a destination on everyone’s list each year. This year was Nashville (and Miami as always). Next year Vegas is the list. It’s easy to get to, rooms are cheap and you can convince your buddies to go pretty easily. That’s why I think it will rival any game ever. As an example, when we travel we may have 8 or 10 of the people that would like to go. With Vegas it will be double that. No one is finding a reason not to. Additionally, people are talking about it now. There is PLENTY of time to save and prepare. Unless it is around the holidays or their 1st game it will be packed with Bills fans. 

Yep. A lot will matter on the date though. Plus there are several great cities to go to this coming year. Longer trips because out west but San Francisco, Denver and Phoenix are all great cities to visit for a few days.

• Like (+1) 1

What I find it amusing how commentators say stupid things like (paraphrasing) "It's incredible how many Bills fans made the trip" every time we fill up an away stadium with our fans, as if we all got together and chartered fifty 747's out of Buffalo.  What they don't realize is that Buffalo fans are EVERYWHERE.  It's probably a local drive or maybe a few hours drive for probably 80% of the Bills fans at these games.  As a friend once told me "you can take the boy out of Buffalo, but you can't take Buffalo out of the boy" - hmm, not sure if that sounds good, but anyhow, you get the idea!  :)

Edited by ChasBB
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah I agree with you.  I'm a local WNYer and there is already a TON of buzz in the air about people wanting to go to this game.  I have heard several people that have never done the Bills road trip game thing before talking about how they want to go to this one, I have heard of people here in WNY who aren't Bills fans first and foremost that want to make the trip out for this game.  I don't think the cost is as big of a factor as LaBattBlue thinks either.  I'm sure the Nashville trip for everybody last season wasn't on the cheap side either.

It's impossible to know this now, of course, but I would imagine, simply because it is the first season that this spectacular stadium is open that the demand for tickets will be big, and the prices may be pretty high. They went down to peanuts right before the Houston game, but the new team in the city and new stadium is going to make tix prices high.

• Like (+1) 1