Mafia Road Attendance

Locomark

Is it just me or did Bills Mafia take attending road games to new heights? It seems like every game we had some large impact from our fans. Pretty amazing. I don’t ever remember that during our 90s glory years unless it was a regional game like Cleveland or Pittsburgh. 

Great job by all the road warriors !!!!

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

living in Utah I'll get to 3 road games next season; Vegas, Denver, and San Fran.  And the wife and I haven't been to Nashville before so maybe add a 4th!

Still haven't made it to Buffalo for a game.  Was planning on being there for the Titans @ Bills AFC championship game this year though........?

Went to a couple of the games in LA that last two years and was loving how many Bills fans there were!

Edited by astb41
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was at two away games this year.

We scored a total of 33 points in those two games....just wanted to point that out.

So you're clearly not helping.. 

I wore my Levy jacket yesterday which my friend said has been bad luck for a decade but I think it's good luck cus woman like it

Yea  .... It's horrible luck and I'm never wearing it again in a big game

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

Is it just me or did Bills Mafia take attending road games to new heights? It seems like every game we had some large impact from our fans. Pretty amazing. I don’t ever remember that during our 90s glory years unless it was a regional game like Cleveland or Pittsburgh. 

Great job by all the road warriors !!!!

It’s just a different time. Tickets are so readily available now. They didn’t used to be. A lot of teams travel well but we are really good at it. We are infinitely more organized on the road. I made 4 road games this year which is a new record for me (Dallas, Cleveland, Nashville and Houston). Each had it’s own charm and they are all different experiences. Going to scale back next year because my liver has taken a beating. I’m thinking Nashville and Vegas.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s just a different time. Tickets are so readily available now. They didn’t used to be. A lot of teams travel well but we are really good at it. We are infinitely more organized on the road. I made 4 road games this year which is a new record for me (Dallas, Cleveland, Nashville and Houston). Each had it’s own charm and they are all different experiences. Going to scale back next year because my liver has taken a beating. I’m thinking Nashville and Vegas.

I'm definitely thinking Vegas

• Like (+1) 2

My family had already talked about San Fran and Phoenix next year. I will wait until the schedule comes out to see what else I can make happen. 

It seems like Vegas would be the logical ultimate away game. 

38 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was at two away games this year.

We scored a total of 33 points in those two games....just wanted to point that out.

So our average output...sad as it is

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wanted to like and laugh at this. Alas, only one option ?   

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Yep.  There’s western NY’ers everywhere!

I’ve been to about 40 home games starting with the 1993 season, but never a road game.  Hope to change that one of these days.

I left WNY a few decades ago so I have seen as many road games as home games and it amazes me how the road games get attended more and more. Try a road trip. It’s fun and it’s funny to watch people in other cities react in shock to how many Bills fans they see. I live in Chicago and there are a few big backers bars here where a few blocks of Chicago looks like little Buffalo on Sundays. 

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah the whole process is so much easier.    You can throw a trip together AND buy the tickets in like 10-20 minutes.   And with the social media/internet connection fans can really organize gatherings together which makes it much more fun.    It was a pain in the ass in the 90's and other than those brutal bus trips the tailgates were totally disorganized.   

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

So you're clearly not helping.. 

I wore my Levy jacket yesterday which my friend said has been bad luck for a decade but I think it's good luck cus woman like it

Yea  .... It's horrible luck and I'm never wearing it again in a big game

Since you are talking about superstition, I am clearly to blame for yesterday. I took off my Circle the wagons shirt about midway through the third quarter yesterday to get dressed up for a dinner party we were hosting after the game. That shirt was 4 3/4-0 this year as I bought it in Buffalo The day before the home opener. Clearly I affected the universe. 

32 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Since you are talking about superstition, I am clearly to blame for yesterday. I took off my Circle the wagons shirt about midway through the third quarter yesterday to get dressed up for a dinner party we were hosting after the game. That shirt was 4 3/4-0 this year as I bought it in Buffalo The day before the home opener. Clearly I affected the universe. 

You pr*** !

Say 10 hail Marys or eternal hellfire

• Haha (+1) 1

Having moved south it’s no surprise that the tons of WNY transplants attend games in Places like Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte and all of Florida. Houston was kind of surprising, that’s taking it to a new level. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, astb41 said:

living in Utah I'll get to 3 road games next season; Vegas, Denver, and San Fran.  And the wife and I haven't been to Nashville before so maybe add a 4th!

Still haven't made it to Buffalo for a game.  Was planning on being there for the Titans @ Bills AFC championship game this year though........?

Went to a couple of the games in LA that last two years and was loving how many Bills fans there were!

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

My family had already talked about San Fran and Phoenix next year. I will wait until the schedule comes out to see what else I can make happen. 

It seems like Vegas would be the logical ultimate away game. 

So our average output...sad as it is

I'll be organizing the gathering and tailgate for Bills fans for the 49'ers game.

Just remember that the stadium is in Santa Clara not San Francisco.

I’m impressed with how many people at HOME games had to travel two hours or more! Often MUCH more. 

I read Nashville above. We don’t go back to Nashville again, do we? I’ll pass for a while on Vegas until the newness wears off. We have friends there who would be mad if they learned I was in town and didn’t stay with them, but that’s my “misbehaving time”.  It’s cool to stay with locals and see Vegas from a different vantage point though. 

A 49ers game sounds awesome, maybe even drag the wife out on that trip? 

We had an incredible travel year in the last 12 months. Next year will be a little less while planning a big trip in 2021. That could mean more “mini-Bills trips” for me! 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I'll be organizing the gathering and tailgate for Bills fans for the 49'ers game.

Just remember that the stadium is in Santa Clara not San Francisco.

Firmly aware as have family near there.