2020 Draft Position - 22nd Pick

wppete

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

We can’t sign everyone of our picks and keep everyone after cuts. I really think we are far enough along in the process to start packaging picks to move around for as many premium picks as we can get. 

We'll offer picks to move up, but not in the first round.  We'll trade late picks to move up in 3rd & 4th, but adding a late pick is not going to move us up in the 1st.

Edited by familykwi
Grammar

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I would LOVE Higgins. Seems like an AJ Green type. Can’t go wrong there. He’s what we need. A number one, catch radius guy to go after in the red zone or down field. I can’t help but this Allen’s heave to DiMarco would have been a different outcome if we had a guy like Higgins. 

That said...don’t be shocked one bit if Beane uses some assets to move up and get someone like CeeDee Lamb or Jerry Jeudy if they start to drop. In fact, Lamb is the one guy that could make me forget about Higgins in a hurry. He’s an absolute playmaker. 

We can’t sign everyone of our picks and keep everyone after cuts. I really think we are far enough along in the process to start packaging picks to move around for as many premium picks as we can get. 

Lamb would be a guy they move up for. I just can’t see Jeudy ever getting out of the top 7-8 picks. 

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Tee Higgins would be a home run. 

Id also double down on WR in the 2nd Round, because another 1st Round WR talent will likely be there. 

I would rather they go RD1 only if they can get AJ Green in a prove it deal due to his injury. That way you get a cheap but proven commodity and can get a quality prospect in the 2nd. It all depends on how FA shakes out. 

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Top OLB or DE

How people want to continually invest in our Defense, I’ll never understand...

Although, they did give up the second highest point total on WC Weekend.  (This is sarcasm and I might break my tv if they go defense Rd 1)

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, philholbroo said:

Antonio Gandy-Golden 3rd round or if he falls to 4th would be a steal.

I think it depends how fast he runs. All I know is he killed UB and love him in the 3rd or 4th.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Although, they did give up the second highest point total on WC Weekend.  (This is sarcasm and I might break my tv if they go defense Rd 1)

Build on strength toss in you've got to look to the future and Jerry Hughes probably could be gone after 2021. 

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The defense is by far the primary reason we made the playoffs.

If we went from #2 in scoring, to 16th, we probably go 6-10 this year given how awful our offense is.

The defense needs to be elite to carry our inept offense. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The defense is by far the primary reason we made the playoffs.

If we went from #2 in scoring, to 16th, we probably go 6-10 this year given how awful our offense is.

The defense needs to be elite to carry our inept offense. 

So.... let’s not have an anemic offense?

Seems a lot easier to improve the offense than it does to go from the #3 defense to the #2 defense.

Im sure we won’t neglect defense.  We just don’t need to be drafting that side of the ball at pick 22.   

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So.... let’s not have an anemic offense?

Seems a lot easier to improve the offense than it does to go from the #3 defense to the #2 defense.

Im sure we won’t neglect defense.  We just don’t need to be drafting that side of the ball at pick 22.   

I disagree. 

Pick the best player. If that's a defensive stud who makes that side of the ball better, do it.

The offense can be improved in free agency or with later draft picks. 

Edited by jrober38