2020 Draft Position - 22nd Pick

wppete

UPDATE: Philly lost and we end up with #22nd pick in the 2020 Draft.

If Philadelphia beats Seattle today we will end up with the 21st pick in this years draft. If Philadelphia loses we end up with the 22nd pick. I think a legit WR can be had at with 21 or 22. The two guys that could be there for us would be:

Laviska Shenault, WR - Colorado

6’2, 225 - 4.4 40 yard

Tee Higgins, WR Clemson

6’4, 215

Henry Ruggs, WR Alabama

6'1 190 - 4.25 40yard

What you guys think? Anyone else you think that would be a good choice at the spot?

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 8

15 minutes ago, wppete said:

If Philadelphia beats Seattle today we will end up

with the 21st pick in this years draft. If Philadelphia loses we end up with the 22nd pick. I think a legit WR can be had at with 21 or 22. The two guys that could be there for us would be:

Laviska Shenault, WR - Colorado

6’2, 225 - 4.4 40 yard

Tee Higgins, WR Clemson

6’4, 215

What you guys think? Anyone else you think that would be a good choice at the spot?

I like Weaver as a replacement for Shaq and down the road a Hughes' successor.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Tee Higgins would be a home run. 

Id also double down on WR in the 2nd Round, because another 1st Round WR talent will likely be there. 

I tried looking up Tee Higgins speed and only thing I see is a 4.75??? Can that be correct? He has to be faster to be a first round projection. Anyone know? 

Edited by wppete

1 minute ago, wppete said:

I tried looking up Tee Higgins speed and only thing I see is a 4.75??? Can that be correct? He has to be faster to be a first round projection. Anyone know? 

Ive watched Clemson play a lot and there’s no way that’s accurate. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Ive watched Clemson play a lot and there’s no way that’s accurate. 

This is what I found from SI.

"He ran a 4.75 40-yard dash as a high school recruit and while he's likely gotten faster since then, he'll probably be a 4.6-guy when the combine and pro day circuit arrives. "Higgins' best asset as a receiver is his exceptional catch radius and leaping ability.“

https://www.si.com/college/clemson/football/tee-higgins-2020-nfl-draft-scouting-report-WVO6hiVP-0K-kAOlsN4TYA

Just now, wppete said:

This is what I found from SI.

"He ran a 4.75 40-yard dash as a high school recruit and while he's likely gotten faster since then, he'll probably be a 4.6-guy when the combine and pro day circuit arrives. "Higgins' best asset as a receiver is his exceptional catch radius and leaping ability.“

https://www.si.com/college/clemson/football/tee-higgins-2020-nfl-draft-scouting-report-WVO6hiVP-0K-kAOlsN4TYA

He seems to play much faster. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, wppete said:

While watching the video I did notice he appeared to not have great speed...you pointing out his 40 seems to confirm what I saw...if this is the case we might be able to get him in the 2nd/3rd round.

I would LOVE Higgins. Seems like an AJ Green type. Can’t go wrong there. He’s what we need. A number one, catch radius guy to go after in the red zone or down field. I can’t help but this Allen’s heave to DiMarco would have been a different outcome if we had a guy like Higgins. 

That said...don’t be shocked one bit if Beane uses some assets to move up and get someone like CeeDee Lamb or Jerry Jeudy if they start to drop. In fact, Lamb is the one guy that could make me forget about Higgins in a hurry. He’s an absolute playmaker. 

We can’t sign everyone of our picks and keep everyone after cuts. I really think we are far enough along in the process to start packaging picks to move around for as many premium picks as we can get. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I would LOVE Higgins. Seems like an AJ Green type. Can’t go wrong there. He’s what we need. A number one, catch radius guy to go after in the red zone or down field. I can’t help but this Allen’s heave to DiMarco would have been a different outcome if we had a guy like Higgins. 

That said...don’t be shocked one bit if Beane uses some assets to move up and get someone like CeeDee Lamb or Jerry Jeudy if they start to drop. In fact, Lamb is the one guy that could make me forget about Higgins in a hurry. He’s an absolute playmaker. 

We can’t sign everyone of our picks and keep everyone after cuts. I really think we are far enough along in the process to start packaging picks to move around for as many premium picks as we can get. 

I’d be shocked if we keep all our picks.  I think we’ll be moving around, and maybe more than once. 

After FA, we won’t have many holes.  They will have players targeted to go get. 

We have depth on both sides of the ball and cornerstone defensive players.   We now need an influx of playmakers and potentially an upgrade on the OL. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d be shocked if we keep all our picks.  I think we’ll be moving around, and maybe more than once. 

After FA, we won’t have many holes.  They will have players targeted to go get. 

We have depth on both sides of the ball and cornerstone defensive players.   We now need an influx of playmakers and potentially an upgrade on the OL. 

Well said and I completely agree. We are at the point where we can draft for more need than anything. 

Beane has shown a tendency to move for players he likes. I don’t put it past him for one second to do that this year and it could be as early as the first round. Man...CeeDee Lamb would be awesome...

One of the Top WRs asking me today. May change a bit. But going to really start my offseason look tomorrow. Gonna bring back my old position group breakdown I used to do at camp. Just trying to figure out if I should do offense or Defense first. 

• Like (+1) 1