YoloinOhio

Rachel Bush, contract negotiator/agent

20 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Correct. And IMO the Bills can do better and don't resign him. Not for what he will be looking for in the way of comp anyway.

He's under contract to the Bills for another year.  He wants an extension.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's under contract to the Bills for another year.  He wants an extension.

Yes and I'm saying they won't resign him to an extension. And if he threatens to hold out I'd look to trade him. They might be thinking of doing that anyways in advance of the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who the f is Rachel Bush? And good riddance to Poyer, as he is not a process guy.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

Who the f is Rachel Bush? And good riddance to Poyer, as he is not a process guy.

Wat?  Guy plays his ass off for us.  Lays out in the run game as few safeties do.  Definite process guy.

Also makes some mistakes (long run in Ravens game, not sure if on Poyer or on Hyde) and gets trucked sometimes (Watson TD)

Rachel Bush his wife. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

Zero truth to this

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Zero truth to this

I say this because of this video of Poyer (first few seconds), where he taunts the Dallas fans:

She edited the tweet, it was different yesterday. Said she thinks the Bills owe Poyer a big payday after how he's played for them. I think Poyer has played well... I don't know if he's up there with some of the top safeties in the league, but I think I'd keep him around.

And if I were a pro athlete, I think I'd tell my SO that my agent will handle contract negotiations. Comments like hers (before she changed it) just draw negative attention.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

She edited the tweet, it was different yesterday. Said she thinks the Bills owe Poyer a big payday after how he's played for them. I think Poyer has played well... I don't know if he's up there with some of the top safeties in the league, but I think I'd keep him around.

And if I were a pro athlete, I think I'd tell my SO that my agent will handle contract negotiations. Comments like hers (before she changed it) just draw negative attention.

I didn't realize you could edit tweets.

22 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Poyer got embarrassed twice and ran over by Watson .

I wouldn't pay him a dime. let him walk and get replaced. we can lineup any safety next to Hyde and they will play well. 

Siran Neal might be a player. Had a great game Sat. Minus the sack debacle

He deserves a raise, @GunnerBill is 1000000% correct on him and Hyde disguising coverage and the sum of the parts has been top notch, I'm just not sure how much cap I put into the safeties. We have the room to give a him a raise and structure it so it hits next offseason and limits the upfront hit this year, but from a production standpoint alone he is replaceable at a cheaper contract. I would look to spend my premium cap space on QB, WR, CB, Edge, Pass Catching TE over a zone safety.

We could reasonably fit him in though without affecting our ability in the next couple seasons to sign whoever we want.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

He deserves a raise, @GunnerBill is 1000000% correct on him and Hyde disguising coverage and the sum of the parts has been top notch, I'm just not sure how much cap I put into the safeties. We have the room to give a him a raise and structure it so it hits next offseason and limits the upfront hit this year, but from a production standpoint alone he is replaceable at a cheaper contract. I would look to spend my premium cap space on QB, WR, CB, Edge, Pass Catching TE over a zone safety.

We could reasonably fit him in though without affecting our ability in the next couple seasons to sign whoever we want.

He deserves a raise but nothing crazy..

McDermott is a defensive back guru is 100% the reason poyer has broke out in the league

McDermott has him in the right spots to succeed. Poyer on any other team is honestly probably a jag, maybe slightly better

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, stony said:

$10 she has none. 

Not taking that bet, 😁 , I likes me some bush, it’s odd that women will have their pubs yanked out, as painful as it is, and do it over and over, trying desperately to look prepubescent as a style statement, kinda F’ed up if you ask me..

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

McDermott is a defensive back guru is 100% the reason poyer has broke out in the league

McDermott has him in the right spots to succeed. Poyer on any other team is honestly probably a jag, maybe slightly better

It looks like there is good value in RD2 & 3 for a replacement this year

I think we can get WR, RT and S in RDs, 1, 2 and 3 with a little bit of movement. Sign Hooper and Yannick and call it a day. He isn't a Minkah, Derwin, Earl or Harrison Smith so I'm not sure I pay a premium for him...

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

It looks like there is good value in RD2 & 3 for a replacement this year

I think we can get WR, RT and S in RDs, 1, 2 and 3 with a little bit of movement. Sign Hooper and Yannick and call it a day. He isn't a Minkah, Derwin, Earl or Harrison Smith so I'm not sure I pay a premium for him...

He isn't anything like any of those guys.. he is good safety in the league who has found his scheme fit .. which most players don't find in the league

So he has benefitted immensely from it

I think drafting a kid to groom would be smart. And the 3rd round would probably land a good football player 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Possibly. I do think you are a little harsh on him. But also as I say while I have no doubt McDermott could coach up the next guy replicating the chemistry with Hyde is near impossible. 

I agree thought. There is a price at which you have to let him walk. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Possibly. I do think you are a little harsh on him. But also as I say while I have no doubt McDermott could coach up the next guy replicating the chemistry with Hyde is near impossible. 

I agree thought. There is a price at which you have to let him walk. 

The chemistry between them is the only thing that would suck losing which would take a few seasons to grow

But you can definitely draft a bigger , stronger , faster guy to groom.. while trying to negotiate with poyer

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

The chemistry between them is the only thing that would suck losing which would take a few seasons to grow

But you can definitely draft a bigger , stronger , faster guy to groom.. while trying to negotiate with poyer

They could. The other incredible thing with those two is how healthy they have stayed. How many games have they missed between them in 3 years? Can't be more than a couple. So I really have no feel for how our current depth would hold up having to play for a longer period. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

They could. The other incredible thing with those two is how healthy they have stayed. How many games have they missed between them in 3 years? Can't be more than a couple. So I really have no feel for how our current depth would hold up having to play for a longer period. 

The Bills new medical equipment and top facilities seem to keep our players healthier than years past.

Safety is also a relatively healthy position compared to RB or LBr or Lineman

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Poyer has the unfortunate habit of getting trucked into the end zone

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Poyer has the unfortunate habit of getting trucked into the end zone

He has an unfortunate habit of being trucked for 3 years

Great coverage guy , not a great tackler... Routinely gets dragged 5 yards

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You could easily give him a 3-4 yr deal and now hurt yourself at all and honestly I am fine either way. The sum of the parts is outstanding and it may not even be worth messing with,  but I can understand if they did. If I had to chose between Yannick or Hooper over him I would. I'm not sure he is worth $9-10 million/season

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Not taking that bet, 😁 , I likes me some bush, it’s odd that women will have their pubs yanked out, as painful as it is, and do it over and over, trying desperately to look prepubescent as a style statement, kinda F’ed up if you ask me..

Go Bills!!!

I think my post was bushwhacked!

• Haha (+1) 1

Careful Ms. Bush, some high end safety talent in this draft.

Simmons (Clem), Delpit(LSU), McKinney(Tide), Wade(OSU), Davis(Cal)

And in the later rounds for some nostalgia Antoine Winfield Jr(,Minn)

Or common sense. Poyer will be 29 at the start of next season. You dont give a 30 year old safety a big contract.