Rachel Bush, contract negotiator/agent

YoloinOhio

18 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He considered holding out this offseason FWIW

Ugh.  Poyer is a good starting safety, but he’s no Micah Hyde.  I’d have no problem with a fair contract extension, but I wouldn’t want to overpay him just because we have a lot of cap room and he demanded it.  Let’s hope they can work out a fair deal without theatrics. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Weird. I saw someone say it was deleted on twitter but not sure how it got deleted on here. 

Didn’t someone just post that she grew (up) from the last Twitter fiasco?  Based on this I’d say that it sure doesn’t seem like it. 

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Ugh.  Poyer is a good starting safety, but he’s no Micah Hyde.  I’d have no problem with a fair contract extension, but I wouldn’t want to overpay him just because we have a lot of cap room and he demanded it.  Let’s hope they can work out a fair deal without theatrics. 

Yup.  The road to cap hell is paved with big contracts to good (not great) players.  Poyer is valuable, not irreplaceable.

Need to apply the baseball WAR logic here.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Why does his wife think the best time to bring this up is the day after the Bills lost a playoff game in which Poyer got dragged into the endzone by 215lb Deshaun Watson?

Because...ta-tas.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's under contract to the Bills for another year.  He wants an extension.

Yes and I'm saying they won't resign him to an extension. And if he threatens to hold out I'd look to trade him. They might be thinking of doing that anyways in advance of the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

Who the f is Rachel Bush? And good riddance to Poyer, as he is not a process guy.

Wat?  Guy plays his ass off for us.  Lays out in the run game as few safeties do.  Definite process guy.

Also makes some mistakes (long run in Ravens game, not sure if on Poyer or on Hyde) and gets trucked sometimes (Watson TD)

Rachel Bush his wife. 

• Like (+1) 1

She edited the tweet, it was different yesterday. Said she thinks the Bills owe Poyer a big payday after how he's played for them. I think Poyer has played well... I don't know if he's up there with some of the top safeties in the league, but I think I'd keep him around.

And if I were a pro athlete, I think I'd tell my SO that my agent will handle contract negotiations. Comments like hers (before she changed it) just draw negative attention.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

She edited the tweet, it was different yesterday. Said she thinks the Bills owe Poyer a big payday after how he's played for them. I think Poyer has played well... I don't know if he's up there with some of the top safeties in the league, but I think I'd keep him around.

And if I were a pro athlete, I think I'd tell my SO that my agent will handle contract negotiations. Comments like hers (before she changed it) just draw negative attention.

I didn't realize you could edit tweets.

22 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Poyer got embarrassed twice and ran over by Watson .

I wouldn't pay him a dime. let him walk and get replaced. we can lineup any safety next to Hyde and they will play well. 

Siran Neal might be a player. Had a great game Sat. Minus the sack debacle

He deserves a raise, @GunnerBill is 1000000% correct on him and Hyde disguising coverage and the sum of the parts has been top notch, I'm just not sure how much cap I put into the safeties. We have the room to give a him a raise and structure it so it hits next offseason and limits the upfront hit this year, but from a production standpoint alone he is replaceable at a cheaper contract. I would look to spend my premium cap space on QB, WR, CB, Edge, Pass Catching TE over a zone safety.

We could reasonably fit him in though without affecting our ability in the next couple seasons to sign whoever we want.