Rachel Bush, contract negotiator/agent

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, H2o said:

She's just trying to make sure he has enough money to keep her digging hands happy. 

This^ Quite sure she’s not really stressed by the injustice that he’s outplayed his contract. There’s certainly a motive there. 

Poyer considered a hold out last year from what I am told. He does feel underpaid and I am led to believe it was his respect for the coaches and his relationship with Hyde that convinced him to come back without a new deal. 

I doubt he does the same again. The Bills should offer him a moderate increase. He is good not great but he and Hyde are greater than the sum of their parts. Their relationship is critical to our ability to disguise coverage. 

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

We should trade him. He was a nobody before we signed him, McDermott can find another nobody who will do fine in his system. Take advantage of Derm's ability to coax good safety play and add value to the franchise. Let someone else pay him, use the money to re-sign more pivotal pieces and add to WR/RB/DE.

Tre White is phenomenal, beyond that we have role players. I don’t want to overrate the Jets, but watching our second team D that game gave me a new perspective. We are a brilliantly coached defensive team with a great scheme. Overall, we have decent defensive players who play within the scheme. I wouldn’t be particularly stressed about losing Poyer. I think our coaching staff could plug someone into that role without a huge drop off. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Poyer considered a hold out last year from what I am told. He does feel underpaid and I am led to believe it was his respect for the coaches and his relationship with Hyde that convinced him to come back without a new deal. 

I doubt he does the same again. The Bills should offer him a moderate increase. He is good not great but he and Hyde are greater than the sum of their parts. Their relationship is critical to our ability to disguise coverage. 

If a moderate increase gets it done then fine, but I wouldn't want to give him huge money. Derm could figure out how to replace him if he had to and the extra draft pick wouldn't hurt.

Just be careful to not pay for past performance. Some players outperform their contracts and some underperform. The guys that underperform don't issue refunds. The team needs to evaluate what his future value will be and propose a contract accordingly.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1

I can’t disagree with her. Poyer and Hyde are both underpaid. But, on the business side of things Poyer isn’t worth his next contract. I would let him walk. We can’t pay every starter big money. He’s expendable and much easier to replace than most of our starters. Hope he doesn’t play the sitting out game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Poyer is on my list of re-signs just not the priority. 

I don’t see her tweets anyway she blocked me 2 years ago when I posted criticism of the Bills but not before she said I obviously am not a Bills fan. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

Poyer got embarrassed twice and ran over by Watson .

I wouldn't pay him a dime. let him walk and get replaced. we can lineup any safety next to Hyde and they will play well. 

Easier to use the ignore user feature...

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hyde, Tre, and LorAx more or less talked him out of holding out

Extend the man. Why in the hell would we want to create another hole that needs to be filled? We already need to replace Lorax, get a #2 CB, and edge rusher. Poyer is an above average safety and it would be plain stupid to let him walk.

23 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Hyde, Tre, and LorAx more or less talked him out of holding out

Here are my questions: What is he getting now? What might he ask for? What is he worth on the open market? 

I love our DB’s for the most part. His relationship and interchangeability with Hyde certainly has some value. I’d like to keep as much of the gang together as possible. I don’t want to be stupid with money, but that’s what cap space is for. Right? 

• Like (+1) 1