One new Bill 2020

31 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

If you cut Murphy, Kroft and Nsekhe that’s nearly $15M which is his market value and you haven’t even touched Cap money....

I believe all would lead to some dead cap.  I also don't see this as our front office MO.  They brought in all three guys.  I don't see them just jettisoning them all.

27 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Larry Fitzgerald.

This team prizes old players.

I gave some though to Fitz, but I can't see him coming here if he doesn't retire.

46 minutes ago, sven233 said:

A pipe dream probably, but exactly what the defense needs. Defense needs a DE, LB, and a legit 2nd CB in the worst way. Offense needs 2 OL, 2 WRs better than what we have now, and a backup RB that can still make plays when Motor is not in the game.

Why is it a pipe dream? We have more cap room than almost every team in the league.

5 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

You want a stud RT - Conklin is your man. Someone is going to pay him, we have the $ so why not? Bulaga has a few years left to develop Ford further or future replacement. drafting OT's as rookie's and trying to plug them in right away is a recipe for disaster. 

We won't have the $ once we start extending guys (Tre, Poyer, Dawkins for starters).  To get Bulaga to leave GB, we'll have to pay more than they would.  I'm also curious to know if Waddle still figures in.

11 minutes ago, familykwi said:

Conklin will cost too much.  Bulaga is 31.  I'd prefer younger and cheaper.  Doesn't need to already be a stalwart already.  Someone that can play like Ty, but stay healthy.

He's not a FA.  That would require a trade.

The OP stated, "Pick one new guy you think will be on the Bills in 2020.  It could FA, draft, trade..."   

12 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Ford is our guy in a pinch at RT, Bates was actually decent. If Ford has to man RT, Long comes in at RG.... basically same as this year, but Ford is at a more natural position for him. Cause the Bills are not resigning Spain. Spain is gonna get a multi year deal, just not with the Bills.

How come Spain won’t resign?

8 minutes ago, familykwi said:

I believe all would lead to some dead cap.  I also don't see this as our front office MO.  They brought in all three guys.  I don't see them just jettisoning them all.

Murphy if cut saves $7M, $1M dead money.

Nsekhe saves like $3M, $1M dead money.

Kroft if cut saves $5M, $1M dead money.

Between those 3, you save $15M lose  $4 M to dead money. Those 3 guys are easy to replace. I mean honestly... Murphy was decent, Kroft just is not worth it now that we know what we have with Knox, Nsekhe... nope don’t need him.

Those are all just ball park figures....

But mark my words, I’d be surprised if these 3 guys are on the team next year. Maybe Kroft stays.

Edited by CEN-CAL17

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

You think he’s gonna take another 1 year deal? No... I guarantee the Bills do not give him a long term contract. That’s why he won’t resign, he won’t be offered.

I don’t understand why the Bills won’t offer him a multi year extension? He played well, played 100% of the snaps, didn’t give up a sack on the year and told his agent today that if the Bills want him, he’d like to resign before free agency.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not getting this. Is the idea having a backup QB that Josh doesn't have to look over his shoulder at? I'd rather bring Fitz back.

I think the idea that Josh needs to be pushed after year 2 is way to early. Are you saying that he has not from day 1 been "all in" on his responsibilities as QB of the franchise? That he has not put 100% in self evaluation, effort to get better, or ANYTHING that suggests he needs to look over his shoulder?? I think absolutely not. He has made great strides from year 1 to year 2 and the expectation that he will attack the off season again and make great strides in year 3 is real. Funny how many were calling for Barkley to push Allen last year and this year until they saw how Barkley performed. Then, quiet. I doubt McBeane would want to disrupt the growing QB room by bringing in a perceived threat who may or may not be an upgrade.

33 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Cause you’re gonna draft OT round 1, move Ford to RG, Feliciano to LG. 

Dawkins, Feliciano, Morse, Ford, RT Draft....  

OL has improved, saved money and use it wisely.

Nsekhe will be 35, was a rotational guy, not that great in his own right, got beat out basically by Ford, Ford is not a RT. 

Our OT’s are pure crap, I am hoping for two new OT’s with Ford moving to RG. I am not in FA/Draft mode yet.

4 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I don’t understand why the Bills won’t offer him a multi year extension? He played well, played 100% of the snaps, didn’t give up a sack on the year and told his agent today that if the Bills want him, he’d like to resign before free agency.

I agree. He's not dominant, but he's pretty solid. Josh had high praise for him in his presser. I don't remember him taking bad penalties as much as others. They could do a lot worse, but it obviously depends on what his market value is.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

I agree. He's not dominant, but he's pretty solid. Josh had high praise for him in his presser. I don't remember him taking bad penalties as much as others. They could do a lot worse, but it obviously depends on what his market value is.

We always hear how important it is for the offensive line to play together. I don’t know about the right side but I’d be happy to keep the LT, LG,  and C intact. We’ll see what happens with Ford, and his position, although I thought he got much better at tackle toward the end of the season. A good off season learning and better understanding the position might go a long way. Too often us as fans want to move on immediately if there isn’t success right off the bat. It doesn’t always click right away for some of these kids.

15 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

We will see, I don’t see it happening.... based on Ford moving to Guard. That’s why I say this. Feliciano already has a 4 year deal.... unless you think Ford is our RT of the future. I’ve seen enough to think the FO goes OT early in the draft. Remember when Beane went to the Iowa game.... I think a lot of that was Iowa’s 2 OTs that are potential round 1 guys.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Pick one new guy you think will be on the Bills in 2020.  It could FA, draft, trade or player awarded from the Pats due to them getting caught cheating yet again.  

Just pick one.

I will go with Marcus Mariota as our backup QB.  It's a bit of a surprise but I can see us looking for a backup, he is a dual threat to an extent and I just can't see him getting a starting job.

One D and one O player, ok I'll bite... Luke Kuechly on D and Christian McCaffrey on O.