One new Bill 2020

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The team culture and locker room is strong enough at this point to take on a talented diva. We're missing talent, not leaders.

And what do think we'll have to give up for him? This team isn't an OBJ away from taking the next step. We lack quality depth at G, LB, need a starting RT, LB, TE and CB and couldn't hurt to get a depth S and competition at P.

I was all set to post the name of our new punter but I looked at the FA list on Spotrac.com and ...  damn.  So it looks like our '20 punter just finished his last college season, or will be cut by someone else before we pick him up.  All things considered I'm hoping for the former.

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

And what do think we'll have to give up for him? This team isn't an OBJ away from taking the next step. We lack quality depth at G, LB, need a starting RT, LB, TE and CB and couldn't hurt to get a depth S and competition at P.

It depends on their direction moving forward. They are reworking their entire staff and I don't know where DePodesta stood on the OBJ move. What I do know is that this offseason is their out based on his contract structure. He can be traded before 6/1 with 0 dead money for the Browns.

I fundamentally disagree that any depth should be prioritized over a difference making starter, and WR is priority 1a/1b with edge imo.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It depends on their direction moving forward. They are reworking their entire staff and I don't know where DePodesta stood on the OBJ move. What I do know is that this offseason is their out based on his contract structure. He can be traded before 6/1 with 0 dead money for the Browns.

I fundamentally disagree that any depth should be prioritized over a difference making starter, and WR is priority 1a/1b with edge imo.

The Browns thought they were a 1a WR away last off-season and what they get from OBJ?

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

A 1,000 yard receiver who conducted himself well considering the tire fire of a now-fired staff around him? Their biggest issue on O was the line

Our O line isn't great, it improved from 2018 yet still have questions at RT and possibly LG pending what we do with Spain. I get people want to improve the skill positions yet I can't see sacrificing draft picks for a guy like OBJ as again we need more than him.

• Like (+1) 1

We’ve got 9 picks. Trade for oj Howard, they never use him and he’s got potentially 2 years and would be huge. Trade for Trent Williams and his contract if he still wants out. I’ll be happy with whatever else they do 

12 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Really surprised at the number of responses saying () would cost too much.

This team is in perfect position to sign anyone they like.

If they need to hand out big bucks to Allen in a few years, that'll be a good problem to have.

The time to win is NOW.

Exactly. Offset the spending as much as possible, we’re really good now just think long term 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Our O line isn't great, it improved from 2018 yet still have questions at RT and possibly LG pending what we do with Spain. I get people want to improve the skill positions yet I can't see sacrificing draft picks for a guy like OBJ as again we need more than him.

Our OL is pretty good. Spain can certainly be retained or replaced with another FA. Nsekhe is solid at RT, when healthy. Ford and Feliciano can compete for RG. We don't need 9 draft picks, necessarily, as I doubt many of the last 5 picks make the roster (2 5ths, 3 6ths). If it's OBJ out there and not Duke Williams we likely are on to KC since OBJ probably comes down with that end zone shot.

This topic is about 1 player, btw. We have nearly 90M in cap space. Plenty to add 1 player and still add depth elsewhere. And I'm absolutely for many more moves than just OBJ. He's just the pipe dream.