One new Bill 2020

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Pick one new guy you think will be on the Bills in 2020.  It could FA, draft, trade or player awarded from the Pats due to them getting caught cheating yet again.  

Just pick one.

I will go with Marcus Mariota as our backup QB.  It's a bit of a surprise but I can see us looking for a backup, he is a dual threat to an extent and I just can't see him getting a starting job.

I like it. And he could go all Tannehill on us in an interesting role reversal.

3 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

We will see, I don’t see it happening.... based on Ford moving to Guard. That’s why I say this. Feliciano already has a 4 year deal.... unless you think Ford is our RT of the future. I’ve seen enough to think the FO goes OT early in the draft. Remember when Beane went to the Iowa game.... I think a lot of that was Iowa’s 2 OTs that are potential round 1 guys.

I’m okay with giving Ford more time at RT, I don’t want to give up on him that quickly, I thought he got better. That being said, Feliciano is going into his final year on his contract so you’re going to need at least another guard.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

You want a stud RT - Conklin is your man. Someone is going to pay him, we have the $ so why not? Bulaga has a few years left to develop Ford further or future replacement. drafting OT's as rookie's and trying to plug them in right away is a recipe for disaster. 

Totally agree he would be FA#1. Conklin is a great RT and still young. Tenn has Tannehill and Henry they have to re-sign and about $57 million in cap space. 

It might be tough to pry him away but as long as they use the tag on one of the others, we could outbid them and finally solve our revolving door at RT and save Josh.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Pick one new guy you think will be on the Bills in 2020.  It could FA, draft, trade or player awarded from the Pats due to them getting caught cheating yet again.  

Just pick one.

I will go with Marcus Mariota as our backup QB.  It's a bit of a surprise but I can see us looking for a backup, he is a dual threat to an extent and I just can't see him getting a starting job.

Totally agree. We need to upgrade the backup  position.  Barkley isn't cutting it.  Not sure Mariota would want a backup role though?  Fitz on the other hand, I would take him back in a heartbeat.  Dalton could also be an option. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not getting this. Is the idea having a backup QB that Josh doesn't have to look over his shoulder at? I'd rather bring Fitz back.

Fitz is way better than Mariota

Everywhere Fitz goes he wins the job don't underestimate him. He has been one of the top 30 QBs In the world for a long time

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

My top 3 FA....

Replace Murphy with Yannick Ngakoue 

Replace Lorax with Kyler Fackrell and OLB Draft (Kamal Martin LB Minnesota)

Replace Gore with Jordan Howard RB2.

Draft best OT @ 22. 

Murphy isn't going anywhere. McDermott brought him him and he's been a great role player. Toss in he played pretty well yesterday.

23 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I’m okay with giving Ford more time at RT, I don’t want to give up on him that quickly, I thought he got better. That being said, Feliciano is going into his final year on his contract so you’re going to need at least another guard.

My bad, I thought Feliciano was on a 4 year deal.... I say extend him next year. Still move Ford to RG. I just think some of these more athletic, longer OTs in the draft are better suited.

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Murphy isn't going anywhere. McDermott brought him him and he's been a great role player. Toss in he played pretty well yesterday.

You keep Murphy over Shaq?

Edited by CEN-CAL17

12 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

My bad, I thought Feliciano was on a 4 year deal.... I say extend him next year. Still move Ford to RG. I just think some of these more athletic, longer OTs in the draft are better suited.

You keep Murphy over Shaq?

Yep, look at their career numbers. Murphy's been better at sacks, forcing fumbles etc. Shaq was better this year but even he admits he was playing for a contract. 

In terms of one UFA I'd add it be LB Matthew Judon but I can't see the Ravens letting him go.

Edited by The Jokeman

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

terrible signing. we sacked Watson 7 times 

a high priced pass rusher is the last thing we need. Beane needs to throw money at the offense. use 90% of the cap space towards bringing in skill players here that can help us score more than a mediocre 20 points per game. 

Disagree... We got 7 coverage sacks against Watson who held the ball too long. When the Texans started finding soft spots in the zone our pass rush was neutralized because we didn't have anyone who could win one on one. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Mike Shula hopefully. But I’m sure we are stuck with this ####### Daboll

I can understand wanting to replace Daboll but Shula would be a disappointing hire.

Edited by Bangarang

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Just pick one.

interesting call except I’m not sure he goes anywhere doesn’t have at least a shot to start and I view the following as better opportunities: 

Maybe Giants

Maybe redskins 

Dolphins 

jax 
Carolina if they deal cam

tampa if they move from Winston 

could be changes coming: 

Patriots
dallas

chargers 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

interesting call except I’m not sure he goes anywhere doesn’t have at least a shot to start and I view the following as better opportunities: 

Maybe Giants

Maybe redskins 

Dolphins 

jax 
Carolina if they deal cam

tampa if they move from Winston 

could be changes coming: 

Patriots
dallas

chargers 

Mariota to New England makes sense as could see them use cap savings from Brady to develop the defense more and add more skill offensive players.

How long did we sign LaAdrian Waddle for? I remember him being talked up as a possible good RT before getting injured. Does anyone have any intel on how he was looking prior to the injury? We just may have a better answer at RT already on the team.

Just now, Herc11 said:

How long did we sign LaAdrian Waddle for? I remember him being talked up as a possible good RT before getting injured. Does anyone have any intel on how he was looking prior to the injury? We just may have a better answer at RT already on the team.

1 year, hopefully he'd be cheap to re-sign.