Screens

BBills88

I really wish we implement the screen game in our offense. That would have helped out this season. Their are so many variations and we have the shifty (Singletary, Mc Kenzie and Beasly)players to pull it off. We also have the Knox who can power run if we did a TE screen. 

• Like (+1) 3

I think we are ineffective at screens because of Josh's running.  D-linemen hold the line of scrimmage instead of full penetration to take away Josh's running lanes.  That keeps them from over pursuing and thus can make plays against the screen.

Just now, familykwi said:

I think we are ineffective at screens because of Josh's running.  D-linemen hold the line of scrimmage instead of full penetration to take away Josh's running lanes.  That keeps them from over pursuing and thus can make plays against the screen.

This has been theorized and there’s some statistical correlation with teams that have mobile QBs. It still doesn’t seem like the Bills set up or sell the screen to the defense very well. May never be a staple with an Allen type QB. 

1 minute ago, familykwi said:

That's the OC's job to find away to make it work.