John Fox react to Officials overturn 2nd half kickoff from Bills TD to touchback

3 minutes ago, Markaf431 said:

this. This is what I want to know. Do the men in black overrule or change calls frequently.? Is that allowed in the rule book somewhere?

Too bad the men in black didn't have that neuralyzer pen to make everybody watching forget that they had seen such poor officiating! 

NFL rules are black and white. There shouldn't be any grey area. How many times have you heard them say "By rule" when they are explaining a call on the field? And you just can't make any kind of call based on what a player "meant" to do. That's basically the bottom line.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Is it?  This is an interesting question to me.  The endzone has no yardage marks like the field of play and what is important is the goalline, sidelines, and endline.  In other words, it's a unique area of the field, where the ball is either in or out of the endzone.

So, is it considered a forward pass/lateral?

Also, as much as I think soccer has it right with intent being part of rule interpretation, this is football that supposedly sticks to rules.  It should have been a turnover with TD/safety

Read a breakdown of the play from a former official and he said the flag shouldn't have been picked up.  Was a forward pass.  2 points.  And we get the ball back. Would have been huge turning point of the game. 

What i take away from this video, is the bills still had plenty of opportunities to win the game. Its not the bills they are saying got screwed here. They are more worried about what the referees interpetting "giving yourself up" could lead to down the road.

9 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

What i take away from this video, is the bills still had plenty of opportunities to win the game. Its not the bills they are saying got screwed here. They are more worried about what the referees interpetting "giving yourself up" could lead to down the road.

We did.  Like when we had a chance at a 54 yard FG to win in OT, but they called a crackback block which has been criticized by the former NFL VP of Officiating today. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We did.  Like when we had a chance at a 54 yard FG to win in OT, but they called a crackback block which has been criticized by the former NFL VP of Officiating today. 

Thats not the topic were discussing here. We are talking about the 2nd half kickoff.

7 hours ago, sodbuster said:

I don't understand why there should be a rule change. It's clearly spelled out, and putting your knee in the dirt is incredibly simple. 

If anything, this is a result of officiating becoming incredibly lazy and sloppy during the regular season, and that they need to tighten it up.

I agree with you completely but I think the NFL will change the "and" to an "or" to save face