Are You Feeling Depressed Today? Here is an interesting read...

I'm not really depressed at all. It was a real bummer that we lost but this was by far the best season of Bills football I have ever seen so, no, I'm not mad. We could and should have won but we blew it. Big deal. Life goes on. Our franchise is positioned well to have sustained success and we clinched the playoffs this year WITH TWO GAMES LEFT. Not much to be mad about imo.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Not going to lie. I tossed and turned last night. I was not happy.

Today? I'm just disappointed I won't see this team in the field until August.

Ugh.

That's me at the moment. More pissed off that depressed. It was the way they lost that was infuriating, not the fact that they did as much. The Bills were clearly a better team that imploded on itself with stupidity and some troubling officiating as usual.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm smad! That's sad and mad. Not really, but it was a bummer. I woke up today a little bummed just because there's no more Bills football until September. Meaningful football, that is. Not many truly believed they'd do as well as they did. But they surprised a lot of people. And now they know what it takes to get there, and they have playoff experience under their belts. Lot of promising things to look forward to. What I don't look forward to is that brutal road schedule next season. Excited to see what Beane does in the off-season. Dude is probably already watching film on prospects or upcoming free agents. One things for sure, these guys will never stop working to improve. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am tired and depressed today.  Always been that way.  I remember Ferguson limping around and getting nipped by the Chargers and I can feel bad.  The tougher the loss the greater the depression.

A good night's sleep and tomorrow things will be better.  The future is bright for this team.  But in everything I do I want to win,  and the funny thing is the winning feeling is fleeting.  The best thing about winning is avoiding the awful feeling when you lose, and all the "what ifs."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I have been a die hard fan of this team since 1968. I have followed every game they have played in that span. My son, who works and live in another state, talk 2-3 times a week about the Bills and Sabres, text during every game, and talk after every game.

I have learned to not waste my time expending negative energy and emotions on things I cannot control and that have no tangible effect on my life. And, it is just a game.

You can choose to deal with your emotions in a childish, maladaptive way, that is your right. I think it is ridiculous; however, I won't question how much of a fan you are.

So, stop being a d*&k and questioning whether other posters are real fans because they choose to act more mature after a loss.

Our fandom has a lot of similarities.  Only 1 team out of 32 wins the last game and that's just over a 3% chance.

The best you can do as an owner, coach, player and a fan is get back up, dust yourself off and get back at it.

It's just a game but it's the stuff life is made of.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thronethinker said:

I found this article which has many good points about how today feels for many fans...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thriveworks.com/blog/sports-fan-depression-is-real-did-your-team-lose-last-night/amp/

i was depressed last night now im mad , i guess acceptance is next.

• Haha (+1) 1

Still pretty frustrated about yesterday. Maybe even more so today watching some of it back and seeing just how many chances we had. And, on top of it all, I have to get even angrier about the TD that the refs took away from us at the start of the 3rd Quarter. Common sense means nothing in this game. You play by the letter of the rule book, and BY RULE, that was a TD. It was a TD yesterday and it's a TD today no matter how stupid it would have been. The head ref got it right originally and, for whatever reason, was convinced to making the WRONG call. Game would have been over right there. All this on top of a phantom "blindside block" and a blatant missed helmet to helmet that would have set the Bills up to win. Yeah, we had our chances to win the game ourselves, but this is so frustrating not getting ready to play the Chiefs right now.

• Like (+1) 2

"People tend to be uncomfortable with endings, because every ending is a little death. Whenever an experience comes to an end, you die a little death. A form that appeared in your consciousness as that experience, dissolves. Often this leaves behind a feeling of emptiness that people try hard not to feel--not to face. If you can learn to accept, and even welcome, the endings in your life you may find that the feeling of emptiness that initially felt uncomfortable turns into a sense of inner spaciousness that is deeply peaceful. By learning to die daily in this way, you open yourself to life."

-Eckhart Tolle

This philosophy is one which I have been giving much thought to lately in general, but I feel it applies here specifically. 
This loss has me quite blue--I must admit. I am trying to embrace that feeling by reminding myself it feels this way because the Bills were so enjoyable to watch this year. 
I had great times watching big games with close friends and family--and the Bills won more than they lost.

In essence, the Bills are back to being an enjoyable hobby, despite the less-than-enjoyable ending to their season. It feels great to feel great about the Bills again, and it feels bad that that feeling will be missing for many months/seasons now.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Yeah I’m recovering still today this loss was a very hard one to take in and if some people take longer to go through their process of grieving so be it. I don’t think any fan here is less or more a true fan if it takes longer or shorter a time to recover from hurt. It does hurt I’m not ashamed of that either but I’ll keep perspective as has been stated also I’ll count my blessings after I’ve sulked a bit so sue me lol

Edited by Margarita
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

It was a fun ride that unfortunately ends so abruptly.

I’ve enjoyed this season more than any other I can remember than the past 20 years. I felt we could win every game.

The hardest part is itching to see what we can do this offseason and getting back on the field. 

I'll be less depressed when we fix this offense. 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Disappointed sure....

It's part of the ride... You buy in and go through the ups and downs with the team.

Maybe it ruins your night or even weekend. But then you need to look forward to the next season.

A couple of 13-3 teams are going home in the next couple weeks

I wont allow a game to make me depressed. Frustrated and disappointed sure, depressed heck no. There is a lot more to life than football. We all love it but cannot allow it to control our lives either. We are on to next year and the future is bright. Now we can enjoy the rest of the playoffs stress free especially knowing NE is bounced.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i was depressed last night now im mad , i guess acceptance is next.

BB, Kubler Ross, the five stages of grief.  Most of you probably know it.  I’m with you though big guy.  Given how much iron you push around, just think about how much you’re going to bench, squat and deadlift this week.  I bet you have you’re best week for the last two months.  Right there.  The gym was very productive this morning after church.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Not going to lie. I tossed and turned last night. I was not happy.

Today? I'm just disappointed I won't see this team in the field until August.

Ugh.

I gobbled a Clonipin lol

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I have been pretty depressed all day. I am only half into this Saints game and that is unlike me. So glad I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday. 

Don’t allow it- not worth your mental well being.