Are You Feeling Depressed Today? Here is an interesting read...

Disappointed sure....

It's part of the ride... You buy in and go through the ups and downs with the team.

Maybe it ruins your night or even weekend. But then you need to look forward to the next season.

A couple of 13-3 teams are going home in the next couple weeks

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sad the season is over but not depressed.

Looking forward to Free Agency the Draft ect.

Plus my Leafs are doing well since Keefe took over.

I might be depressed in April if they get knocked out in the first round again ;)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I am not depressed today. I was disappointed last night and let it go.

So basically you're just a casual fan.

I have many friends still living in Buffalo who I'm quite sure didn't even watch the game, much less care who won or loss.

They're pretty casual about the whole thing too.

I made the trip down to Houston and was really mad after the game. Then when I got back to my hotel which is located on a medical campus, I looked out my window at all the different hospitals that are dedicated to people that have real things to be upset about and I realized it was silly for a 37 year old to be mad about a football game. So I made a donation to the Shriners children’s hospital online, ordered some room service, drank 3 scotches, and everything felt a lot better. Go Bills!

Edited by Leonhart2017
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Nextmanup said:

So basically you're just a casual fan.

I have many friends still living in Buffalo who I'm quite sure didn't even watch the game, much less care who won or loss.

They're pretty casual about the whole thing too.

I have been a die hard fan of this team since 1968. I have followed every game they have played in that span. My son, who works and live in another state, talk 2-3 times a week about the Bills and Sabres, text during every game, and talk after every game.

I have learned to not waste my time expending negative energy and emotions on things I cannot control and that have no tangible effect on my life. And, it is just a game.

You can choose to deal with your emotions in a childish, maladaptive way, that is your right. I think it is ridiculous; however, I won't question how much of a fan you are.

So, stop being a d*&k and questioning whether other posters are real fans because they choose to act more mature after a loss.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I expected the Jacksonville loss a couple of years ago and didn't have my hopes too high on this one... home field in the playoffs and all that.

Then the Bills jumped out to that lead and if felt like the early nineties again.  I am bummed out... it was there for the taking.  I don't think it would bother me nearly as bad if the Texans had controlled the game from start to finish.  At halftime, our guys had me believing they would be playing next weekend.

I feel better than last night but I'm still salty about it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I have been pretty depressed all day. I am only half into this Saints game and that is unlike me. So glad I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday. 

Same here bud.. that game sucked the life outta me and I won't be back to normal til tomorrow. Gonna take a day

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I have been a die hard fan of this team since 1968. I have followed every game they have played in that span. My son, who works and live in another state, talk 2-3 times a week about the Bills and Sabres, text during every game, and talk after every game.

I have learned to not waste my time expending negative energy and emotions on things I cannot control and that have no tangible effect on my life. And, it is just a game.

You can choose to deal with your emotions in a childish, maladaptive way, that is your right. I think it is ridiculous; however, I won't question how much of a fan you are.

So, stop being a d*&k and questioning whether other posters are real fans because they choose to act more mature after a loss.

I agree, however the greater question is why in hell did you become a Bills fan in 1968? That team stunk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1