Brady’s fate in the hands of Belichick and Kraft

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-brady-wild-card-titans-061443517.html

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Wearing a dark winter hat on his head and a mix of disappointment and frustration across his face, Tom Brady reacted to Tennessee’s 20-13 wild-card game victory over New England here by doing what he’s done better than any other quarterback in the history of the game.

He threw the ball ... in this case, right into the decision-making court of Patriots owner Robert Kraft and coach Bill Belichick. 

At least that’s how it sounded. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28427728/bill-belichick-says-now-not-discuss-tom-brady-future-patriots

Bill Belichick says now not the time to discuss Tom Brady's future with Patriots

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriotscoach Bill Belichick acknowledged Sunday morning that Tom Brady is "an iconic figure in this organization," but said now isn't the time to address Brady's future with the franchise.

In a season-ending news conference about 12 hours after the Patriots were eliminated from the playoffs in a 20-13 loss to the Tennessee Titans, Belichick added that "nobody respects Tom more than I do," but mostly deflected questions on the topic.

"I'm sure there are a lot of questions about the future. Nobody has thought about the future," he said.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I just want NE and all their existence to go away for 30 years. I don't care how it happens. 

30?  That is too generous.  I want 100 at a minimum.  Most people in Bean Town won't care as it will be about the Sox, Bruins, and Celtics like it was for many decades prior to 2001.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Their defense is very good.  I don't think BB wants a shell of his former self Tom Brady to stay as a game manager and make the offense weak.  BB is all about attacking, on both sides of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

They’ve also only got about $40/50m in cap space without TB, and a bunch of other guys to re-sign.  Extra comp picks, but no 2nd rounder (and I’ve seen some say no 4 or 5 either), and that also means not likely to get too much immediate help from the draft.

i could honestly see them going 8-8 or worse next year, whether he stays or goes.

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Really different levels of expectation in patriot land.  11-5 season, playoff loss and the season is viewed as a dismal failure to move on from.   Amazing. 

Much different from some in Bills land? 10-6 season, playoff loss, and plenty seem to view this season as a dismal failure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

30?  That is too generous.  I want 100 at a minimum.  Most people in Bean Town won't care as it will be about the Sox, Bruins, and Celtics like it was for many decades prior to 2001.

Honestly they are great baseball fans and historically not much else.  I've seen cycles where either the Bruins or Celtics were bad and their arena was a morgue.  With the Sox they are thick and thin.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Honestly they are great baseball fans and historically not much else.  I've seen cycles where either the Bruins or Celtics were bad and their arena was a morgue.  With the Sox they are thick and thin.

I'm just passing along the anecdotes of a few dozen people I knew from the NE states.  I remember the Bears-Patriots SB back in 1985 while I was at college and the few Boston area students went to the library to study versus watch the game.  If it were the Bruins or Celts in a championship game they would have stayed at the student residence to watch.  

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I'm just passing along the anecdotes of a few dozen people I knew from the NE states.  I remember the Bears-Patriots SB back in 1985 while I was at college and the few Boston area students went to the library to study versus watch the game.  If it were the Bruins or Celts in a championship game they would have stayed at the student residence to watch.  

It used to be that way. Remember the Pats are the baby brother to the other 3 major sports teams. Now the Pats are the number 1 team and it isnt even close.

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Obviously the Celtics are a historically great franchise; arguably the best of the 4 over the long haul.  They went through a prolonged cycle of bad some time after Bird.  Empty building.  It shocked me.  You could argue that until the last 15 or so years that the Sox were the least successful overall but they were always supported as much as I can remember.  That is a baseball town and I've never minded Sox fans.  The same people turn into morons when rooting for the cheats or B's.

BB's ego is MASSIVE.  I have little doubt that he's ready to cut ties and try to show the world that he can do it w/ Stidham, or anyone.

I'm loving it.  That team looked terrible yesterday - they're old, and losing a bunch of good players & coaches this offseason.  At long last, it seems like they are headed for a lengthy (and hopefully frustrating) rebuild.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Obviously the Celtics are a historically great franchise; arguably the best of the 4 over the long haul.  They went through a prolonged cycle of bad some time after Bird.  Empty building.  It shocked me.  You could argue that until the last 15 or so years that the Sox were the least successful overall but they were always supported as much as I can remember.  That is a baseball town and I've never minded Sox fans.  The same people turn into morons when rooting for the cheats or B's.

The Celtics are only considered great because they ran up the 'ship tally at a time when the league was half of what it is today.  They've only won 1 title in the past 30 years.

Sox fans were basically Bills fans for 100 years.  I can't rue them their success over the past 2 decades.  But that's probably over now.

5 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

It used to be that way. Remember the Pats are the baby brother to the other 3 major sports teams. Now the Pats are the number 1 team and it isnt even close.

Not when the weather changes.  They simply don't have the history of the Sox C's or even Bruins.  Ted Williams, one of the greatest of all times retired before the cheaters existed.  Show me two 6-10 seasons in a row and we'll see who ranks.  Spoiler alert:. It's the Sox.