NFC Playoff Games: Vikes at Saints 1:05 pm

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

I thought you were talking about the Cousins play. It was third down. 

No. We're off topic talking about the Bills game cause people with more fingers for typing than brains for thinking have descended on this thread to take pot shots. :P

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The NFL is broken.  Officiating is far too

subjective, far too much room for personal interpretations and implementation of the rule book.

To me that’s an obvious OPI, the arm his fully extended, the defender the stumbles BACKWARDS.  I get that it was a touchdown, but rules are rules, except when they’re not and “common sense prevails”.

It’s 2020... the technology exists, get the calls right, restore some integrity to the game, and maybe keep a rule book handy as well.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I'm sure that they did review it. In OT, in the playoffs, ALL reviews will be initiated by the booth. So, IOW, they are closely watching EVERY play, and if they see something that needs further review, and/or see something that they think they may want to change, they'll radio down to the field to hold up things.

In THIS case, they obviously were "good" with the TD.

they announced game over on the field VERY fast. There definitely wasn’t time to cue it back up. 

that said, by the standard all season they wouldn’t overturn it for that little even if they could have easily called it without controversy in the first place 

8 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Playoffs are crazy right now

It just came clear to me... what better Super Bowl matchup for the NFL's 100th anniversary than Green Bay and Kansas City?  Brady is out, Brees is out... I'm thinking Mahommes vs. Rodgers... I can see the NFL marketing folks salivating now.

I had the Saints to rep the NFC but there goes that.

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They usually call it based on arm extension.  He had full extension.  To me, that was a push off.

You’re ignoring the arm grab by 26 on the play. The official let it go and I think it’s a good no call. If Rudolph used both hands maybe you get a call there, but they let them play. Works both ways and no flag warranted imo 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

You’re ignoring the arm grab by 26 on the play. The official let it go and I think it’s a good no call. If Rudolph used both hands maybe you get a call there, but they let them play. Works both ways and no flag warranted imo 

Im fine with it either way really.  All I care about is the refs being consistent. 

3 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

It just came clear to me... what better Super Bowl matchup for the NFL's 100th anniversary than Green Bay and Kansas City?  Brady is out, Brees is out... I'm thinking Mahommes vs. Rodgers... I can see the NFL marketing folks salivating now.

I had the Saints to rep the NFC but there goes that.

Hope not. 49ers/ Chiefs please. Green Bay is just dull. 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Im fine with it either way really.  All I care about is the refs being consistent. 

Well, there is no consistency and it’s a problem. That why Tre White gets called twice in first quarter vs DAL, but Gilmore goes unflagged for whole games. 

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I wonder if Saints fans rail against Brees and the coaches like we do?

Who knows, but it’s true. Brees fumbled in the 4th quarter and threw an INT today. Not his best day, but they go home. 

• Like (+1) 1

TENN vs HOUSTON.........PHILLY  vs MINN

TENN --MINNY SB

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

....good question. they probably do. probably calls for bridgewater to take over

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Probably not because Brees has proven something in the league. He has reached his 'ceiling' and it's brought them a championship, MANY winning seasons and has been one of the best at his position......

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Hope not. 49ers/ Chiefs please. Green Bay is just dull. 

That would be a pretty exciting matchup! 

I am not a Packers fan and really don't want to see them there but I think they'll handle injury-riddled PHI/SEA and just have to get past the Championship Game.

As the wife and I were talking about NFL "narratives" (like New England winning the Super Bowl in 2001, when the country needed it most) and it just hit me.  Why not get the two teams back together that played in the first Super Bowl?

As good as the Ravens and Chiefs are, I'll be disappointed if they don't play in the Championship Game.  I feel the Texans won't advance again but I'm not so sure about the Titans... they could surprise.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sandhill Mike said:

That would be a pretty exciting matchup! 

I am not a Packers fan and really don't want to see them there but I think they'll handle injury-riddled PHI/SEA and just have to get past the Championship Game.

As the wife and I were talking about NFL "narratives" (like New England winning the Super Bowl in 2001, when the country needed it most) and it just hit me.  Why not get the two teams back together that played in the first Super Bowl?

As good as the Ravens and Chiefs are, I'll be disappointed if they don't play in the Championship Game.  I feel the Texans won't advance again but I'm not so sure about the Titans... they could surprise.

Titans could definitely surprise. They’re built in a way that can win on the road. It seems more often than not ( at least in recent times) both #1seeds fail to meet in the Super Bowl. I’d not be shocked if Chiefs / Ravens didn’t materialize, but it would be an interesting rematch. I agree on the Texans; I think they lose next week.