Jets Message Board - Do we agree with how rival fans view our team?

SCBills

21 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

This team doesn’t have a championship defense... It’s decent to above average. 

I kind of agree. Especially to end the season. They can't score points. Zero TD's on the season. 0-3 since the last New England game in stopping two point conversions. Only 10th in take aways this year. 7th in sacks. Played some pretty bad offenses. The positive is that they have been a top three defense for two years running now so it's not like they are a fluke this season. And they haven't played only bad offenses the last 32 games.

They are good but a championship caliber defense scores points for the offense and creates even more take aways. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The 2000 Ravens are probably the greatest defense of all time.  IMO, you don’t need to be the greatest of all time to be considered championship level.  Our defense is good enough to win a championship, our offense is bottom 1/3.  We don’t score enough points to be true contenders.

I will toss the 85 Bears into the D argument, the team steamrolled with a declining Payton and at best decent QB in McMahon

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

So... with Bills vs Jets hopefully becoming the new AFCE games to watch (although I fully expect Pats to be in the mix next year), how do we feel about their assessment that Josh has a “Championship Roster”? 

Call me crazy if you wish, but I see the Dolphins becoming the team to beat, not the Jest. 

They improved light-years in one year.  They clearly have a good coach.  They can actually beat the Cheaters.   Fitz and Gailey is a great offensive combo.  They have 4 first round picks to build with in a loaded draft.  And Josh Rosen may still be a great QB when he gets his shot.  

The Jets will be looking for a new coach and GM very soon.  And I have no reason to believe they'll get it right next time. 

Edited by peterpan

Allen had some terrible moments, but he is getting WAY too much blame for yesterday, and I've seen too many "melting down" comments, and the "lights were too bright."

In case anyone forgot, he overcame the 2 disastrous sacks to lead the team back to a game-tying FG.  Then, he led them to a game-winning FG attempt, which a ref took away on a phantom call.

He'll get better. As for the Jets, nothing Allen did yesterday came anywhere close to Darnold's "ghosts" game against the Pats.

• Like (+1) 1