Jets Message Board - Do we agree with how rival fans view our team?

SCBills

Their board is honestly quite embarrassing right now.  

Went to see what they have to say about the game, and it’s predictable, over the top, Allen was melting and lost the game... this, that, the other thing.  

Fine. Josh had his share of bad moments. 

Although, if Sam threw for 264 and ran for 92 in an overtime playoff game, I’d probably find it hard to say he lost the game, unless he had a ton of turnovers, which Allen didn’t have.  

I know this is going to be a rivalry, and with the Pats seemingly at the end of their rope, it’s time to get it on, but....

Their entire narrative is that Josh is playing on a “Championship Roster”.  

Do we agree?  

Championship Defense - Yes.  Very disappointed with how they played against NE and second half Houston, but they are a Top 5 Unit and you can win Championships with that.  

Can you ride a defense to a title anymore?.... Yes, but it has to be a ball hawking defense, which is not what we have.  

On Offense:

They seem to think we have a stud OL.  No, we do not.  We have an average OL, which is light years better than they have, but no, our OL is not great.  

WR - We have the same receivers y’all have.  Calm down.  John Brown and Cole Beasley are Robbie Anderson and Jamison Crowder.   You dont win Championships with those dudes as your 1 & 2.  You know that.  We know that.  

Tight Ends - Knox is probably better than anyone they have, but teams don’t typically ride rookie TE’s to titles, especially when they have average-below average receivers.  

RB- Y’all have LeVeon Bell.  Am I imagining that?  You do realize you spent a ton of cap space on a stud RB who can be utilized in the passing game and running game, correct?    We have Devin Singletary.... and yea, he’s just as good as Bell, as a rookie. 

So... with Bills vs Jets hopefully becoming the new AFCE games to watch (although I fully expect Pats to be in the mix next year), how do we feel about their assessment that Josh has a “Championship Roster”? 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Their board is honestly quite embarrassing right now.  

Went to see what they have to say about the game, and it’s predictable, over the top, Allen was melting and lost the game... this, that, the other thing.  

Fine. Josh had his share of bad moments. 

Although, if Sam threw for 264 and ran for 92 in an overtime playoff game, I’d probably find it hard to say he lost the game, unless he had a ton of turnovers, which Allen didn’t have.  

I know this is going to be a rivalry, and with the Pats seemingly at the end of their rope, it’s time to get it on, but....

Their entire narrative is that Josh is playing on a “Championship Roster”.  

Do we agree?  

Championship Defense - Yes.  Very disappointed with how they played against NE and second half Houston, but they are a Top 5 Unit and you can win Championships with that.  

Can you ride a defense to a title anymore?.... Yes, but it has to be a ball hawking defense, which is not what we have.  

On Offense:

They seem to think we have a stud OL.  No, we do not.  We have an average OL, which is light years better than they have, but no, our OL is not great.  

WR - We have the same receivers y’all have.  Calm down.  John Brown and Cole Beasley are Robbie Anderson and Jamison Crowder.   You dont win Championships with those dudes as your 1 & 2.  You know that.  We know that.  

Tight Ends - Knox is probably better than anyone they have, but teams don’t typically ride rookie TE’s to titles, especially when they have average-below average receivers.  

RB- Y’all have LeVeon Bell.  Am I imagining that?  You do realize you spent a ton of cap space on a stud RB who can be utilized in the passing game and running game, correct?    We have Devin Singletary.... and yea, he’s just as good as Bell, as a rookie. 

So... with Bills vs Jets hopefully becoming the new AFCE games to watch (although I fully expect Pats to be in the mix next year), how do we feel about their assessment that Josh has a “Championship Roster”? 

Okay, thanks. 

Lets hold the horses just a sec  A championship defense to me is the 2000 ravens  We have a bend dont break Tampa 2 that doesnt create enough havoc and needs a offense to constantly maintain drives because the D routinely allows long drives.  Bills defense scored zero tds this year  That is not championship caliber.  Offense isnt even close

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Okay, thanks. 

If you’re not interested, you don’t have to participate.  

Jets and Bills have a ton of similarities in their rebuilds.  We’re further along, but I found it interesting that their crutch for Sam was that Josh is playing on a “loaded roster”.  

We have plenty of Darnold and Mayfield talk.  It’s not like this is foreign. 

With the division finally open... this could get fun. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Lets hold the horses just a sec  A championship defense to me is the 2000 ravens  We have a bend dont break Tampa 2 that doesnt create enough havoc and needs a offense to constantly maintain drives because the D routinely allows long drives.  Bills defense scored zero tds this year  That is not championship caliber.  Offense isnt even close

The 2000 Ravens are probably the greatest defense of all time.  IMO, you don’t need to be the greatest of all time to be considered championship level.  Our defense is good enough to win a championship, our offense is bottom 1/3.  We don’t score enough points to be true contenders.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm not sure a Championship Defense gives up a 3 and 18 with the game on  the line. ?‍♀️

Yeah, it is a little difficult to objectively dismiss the defense's role in the loss last night. As I've said before, there is always enough blame to go around in a loss. Last night's game was no exception.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm not sure a Championship Defense gives up a 3 and 18 with the game on  the line. ?‍♀️

and/or... understands tackling 101.

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh will get grilled by fans, pundits, and “experts”  around the league.  

To the casual fans they saw that he played panicked. His game got worse as time went on, which went against his normal trend.   He failed to get us the 20 points needed to win.  

But we all know more about the Bills.  It was a team loss.  Lots of plays not made. Lots of curious decisions.  Even some bad calls.  Team loss- and who cares about Jets fans anyway.  

It helps their psyche to paint allen as an incompetent  bust.  I remember reading their boards after the opener and it was pretty much accepted that darnold's bust was going to canton, while allen is a bumbling fool who was already busting out.

If the admit Allen is, in fact good.  Or, at least progressing, it is coming to terms that a divisional rival may have a franchise qb for the next decade and a half on the heels of tom brady' 20 year run.  That would be depressing.

Its much easier to try to criticize josh allen.  I would be doing the same

• Like (+1) 1