Duke Williams played more snaps than Cole Beasley

HappyDays

15 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

9 carries in almost 3 quarters, in a game where we were up 16-0.  Absolutely terrible

Gore has averaged 2.64 yards since week 8 Philadelphia.  We needed to just pound Singletary there another 5-10 times that half.

I agree he needed more touches especially in OT where the clock was no factor. They really managed Singletary's usage this season  McDermott mentions something in his presser about needing to spell rb's  I don't think the Bills are looking for a bell cow feature back situation.  I don't get the feeling that the Bills are a team that is overly concerned with their offensive personnel and what the play call is  We've seen some bizarre personnel choices in play selections all year.   Or Daboll doesn't adjust his playcall to go with who he has on the field especially in no huddle. I cant come up with any other explanation for Gore, DiMarco lined up as WR's as often as we saw  Or running Gore on sweeps etc

On 1/5/2020 at 8:38 AM, Bangarang said:

Can we please put the Duke Williams nonsense to bed now? He had a chance to catch a perfectly placed jump ball in the end zone yesterday and failed. 

He is a #4 WR at best.

So should John Brown be cut too?  He's dropped much easier passes than that this year.  Same with Cole.  Same with Knox.  Same with everyone.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Did anyone explain at the post season press day why Duke was inactive for most of the season while other inferior players played?

Evidently he did not show enough in practices to earn the right to play till week 17  I am paraphrasing McDermott when asked about Duke.  Guess we'll have to accept it, 

3 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Evidently he did not show enough in practices to earn the right to play till week 17  I am paraphrasing McDermott when asked about Duke.  Guess we'll have to accept it, 

But all of a sudden he gets activated and leads the team in targets back to back weeks?

John Brown is really the only WR that deserves to be safe.  ...and he should be safe as the 2/3 WR.  

Cole Beasley has some good games and then some games where you forget he’s on the team.  He’s safe though.  Will probably be more effective next year when he’s not the #2 WR. 

I don’t know what to do with Roberts or McKenzie.  We really should have only one of them.  

Foster should be gone. 

Duke should stay as the 4th or 5th WR, but he could’ve cemented his status if he makes that TD grab.  A guy like him needs to make that play more often than not.  Unfortunately his best catch was called back from holding on Kroft. 

I’d double dip in Rounds 1 & 2 on WR’s OR inquire about Odell Beckham.   It’s that big of a need.  

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

It would be nice to have heard an explanation right from the head coach and not guess work. Listening to Beane today I was surprised how honest and candid he was about Josh. It would be nice if they could be so about all player personnel moves this season.

On 1/5/2020 at 4:58 PM, Scott7975 said:

I cant find it now but someone was actually defending Brown on that play saying that Allen threw the ball late and Brown had no room.  HAHAHAHAHA.  The ball was fine and Brown had plenty of room.  He didn't even need to leave his feet.

JB.thumb.jpg.44a68aca9885c5c51f0fd654b91ba3ab.jpg

I have no freaking clue how he didn't keep his feet in here.

Truth.

That was as catchable as it gets.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Truth.

That was as catchable as it gets.

Between this screw up by Brown, the two Duke drops, Beasley’s vanishing act, Gore’s corpse and whatever the hell is going on that DiMarco is running go routes while McKenzie’s 5’8 body is trying to shield defenders on comebacks, the need for playmakers was EVIDENT Saturday.  

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Between this screw up by Brown, the two Duke drops, Beasley’s vanishing act, Gore’s corpse and whatever the hell is going on that DiMarco is running go routes while McKenzie’s 5’8 body is trying to shield defenders on comebacks, the need for playmakers was EVIDENT Saturday.  

How about just using these guys based on their strengths/talents as an easy first step? This OC designs plays as if the team is full of Pro Bowlers. In doing so he puts our avg talent in hard to succeed situations. And then guess what, they don’t or can’t execute the play!?!?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, StHustle said:

But all of a sudden he gets activated and leads the team in targets back to back weeks?

LOL just paraphrasing McDermott's response.  I think most of us are of the same opinion that personnel decision making needs work  Hopefully roster upgrades will make a lot of these head scratchers go away

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/5/2020 at 8:36 AM, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Beasley is unreliable. He has suspect hands, and his knee down before the marker on 3rd and long is a perfect example of his limitations in big spots. It’s the reason he was phased out of the offense in Dallas.

He is not now, nor has he ever been, a reliable “Edelman-like” player.

I respect your opinion...no matter how wrong it is

On 1/5/2020 at 10:38 AM, Bangarang said:

Can we please put the Duke Williams nonsense to bed now? He had a chance to catch a perfectly placed jump ball in the end zone yesterday and failed. 

He is a #4 WR at best.

To bad the DB had his left arm hooked it could have been a defensive PI but wasn't & he still almost caught it . I think the Bills were better for him being on the field he also had a catch called back on a bogus cal on Cody Ford that was for a first down so it would have been 5 for 10 given the Ref's BS call . 

All in all i think he was better on the field than Foster & given more time to develop in the offense can be a much better player for the team he is after all still a rookie int the NFL right ?? 

On 1/5/2020 at 9:43 AM, Livinginthepast said:

The throw was in the right place for only Duke to catch it but it wasn't a perfect throw by any means, he should have caught it but in no way it was a jumpball  pass. So yes blind or high or completely mistaken .  It wasn't an easy catch because the defender leaves his feet and comes across Duke's body. Duke is also at full stretch and twisting. Watch the replay in slow mo if you cant get this point, or just keep up the hate for Duke because he's the only reason they lost the game right?

On 1/5/2020 at 10:11 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Duke did everything he needed to on the play to make the catch. He ran a good route. Got good position. Turned and stretched his body. Just failed to grasp the ball. Everything Duke did leading up to not completing the catch tells me he is perfectly capable of making that play. He just let it get by him. Not lunacy at all.

Watch the play again, he only had one arm to catch it. The defensive back was holding his left arm down. That said, the Bills definitely need to continue upgrading the wr corps, the oline, and they also need a new OC. 

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, T master said:

To bad the DB had his left arm hooked it could have been a defensive PI but wasn't

33 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Watch the play again, he only had one arm to catch it. The defensive back was holding his left arm down.

It is truly amazing that anyone could watch that replay and come to either of these conclusions.

Bizarro World.