Duke Williams played more snaps than Cole Beasley

HappyDays

1 hour ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Clearly? His knee was down and was touched before he got past the line. 

He got the benefit of the doubt, just like

Hopkins did later in the game. 

Watch it again, Beavis. His knee hit, it bounced in the air, he was touched while he was in the air, and then landed past the first down marker. First down. Beasley was not the problem yesterday, or during the season. He had a solid year. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Watch it again, Beavis. His knee hit, it bounced in the air, he was touched while he was in the air, and then landed past the first down marker. First down. Beasley was not the problem yesterday, or during the season. He had a solid year. 

Cool Butthead.

I made a mistake. 

Beasley had a solid year by statistical standards, but his hands in key situations, were suspect. Drops on critical 3rd downs in the Baltimore and both New England games. He had the same issues in Dallas and they phased him out of the offense.

Oh, and the QB there did just fine without him. He’s a decent player who is not at all what some fans wanted him to be. 

1 minute ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Cool Butthead.

I made a mistake. 

Beasley had a solid year by statistical standards, but his hands in key situations, were suspect. Drops on critical 3rd downs in the Baltimore and both New England games. He had the same issues in Dallas and they phased him out of the offense.

Oh, and the QB there did just fine without him. He’s a decent player who is not at all what some fans wanted him to be. 

How do you know what “some fans” wanted him to be? He’s a slot possession receiver. I don’t think any reasonable fan expected much more from him than what he gave this year. 

15 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

How do you know what “some fans” wanted him to be? He’s a slot possession receiver. I don’t think any reasonable fan expected much more from him than what he gave this year. 

People here. People on WGR. Talking heads on all the sports networks and twitter, talked about his impact on Allen “in the short game” and how he “represented that Edelman like” player for Allen. 

It’s been said here, and in multiple outlets. 

You put it in simplest terms; he’s a possession slot receiver. In my opinion, he’s not very good at that. He’s better than the other options on the roster, so he plays. And as his history proves, when he’s wide open, he can make some nice plays. But ask him to fight for it, or to make a clutch play, he’s not reliable. 

Was he the main culprit last night? No, but he’s not the guy you want in the spot where your QB needs someone to make a play too. 

59 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Is it really though?

tenor.gif

I mean he dropped a TD hit him in the hands.

Yes, 

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is pretty wild. Duke goes from the inactive list to playing more snaps than our #2 receiver. What a bizarre game plan.

I know, right? 

6 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Beasley is unreliable. He has suspect hands, and his knee down before the marker on 3rd and long is a perfect example of his limitations in big spots. It’s the reason he was phased out of the offense in Dallas.

He is not now, nor has he ever been, a reliable “Edelman-like” player.

Edelman is a HOF level player.  Beasley is a reliable capable NFL-quality slot receiver who has made some tough plays for us.

None of our WR came up big as we'd hoped they would yesterday.

I think that our OC doesn’t always know how to use his receivers as a unit to attempt to overwhelm our opponents,  it is like one on one basketball sometimes, he puts them out there without context of what is happening on the field, not always mind you, but frequently.

As I said in a previous post, this game is an ample opportunity to learn and teach what not to do when you have the lead in a playoff game, or any game for that matter. Sean, never take your foot off the gas, Brian, stop going away from what is working until they stop you.

Decision making from the coaches on down was lacking in the second half. 

Go Bills!!!

Earlier on the week Allen said that the coaches had put an "insane" amount of work into the game plan. Clearly they wanted to be prepared. But part of me feels like maybe they over-strategized. Sometimes you just gotta stick with your bread and butter and let your guys go out and execute.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Clearly? His knee was down and was touched before he got past the line. 

He got the benefit of the doubt, just like

Hopkins did later in the game. 

Well no, his knee was down, but he got off the ground and leapt for the first down before the contact. He wasn't touched while down.

Beasley should have gotten more targets.

27 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Earlier on the week Allen said that the coaches had put an "insane" amount of work into the game plan. Clearly they wanted to be prepared. But part of me feels like maybe they over-strategized. Sometimes you just gotta stick with your bread and butter and let your guys go out and execute.

Yep. I said yesterday it wasn't bad play calling it was bad game planning.

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Can we please put the Duke Williams nonsense to bed now? He had a chance to catch a perfectly placed jump ball in the end zone yesterday and failed. 

He is a #4 WR at best.

Perfectly placed? It looked overthrown to me and Williams was able to stretch his hand out just to get a piece of it. Don’t get the Williams hate on this board?!

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The one in the EZ was broken up by the DB.

It was a great pass, a good attempted catch and a great play by the DB.

Blaming the loss on Duke is STUPID 

He could have caught it, but it would have been a really, really good reception.  

It was outstanding defense.  

Duke wasn't perfect, but he looks like he belongs.   

Also, Williams had four receptions on 10 targets.  At least two of those were throwaways (at the end of regulation) and one was an important overthrow on an easy pass on the Bills' last offensive play.  So at worst he had four receptions on seven targets, and one of those was an outstanding defensive play to cause the incompletion.   Hard to see how that adds up to Williams not holding up his end of the bargain.  

• Thank you (+1) 1