Duke Williams played more snaps than Cole Beasley

HappyDays

It’s perplexing why we just can’t/couldn’t lineup duke and brown as outside wrs and put Beasley in the slot. 
Far too often we use personnel groupings to help Josh figure out the coverage when using motion with your best players on the field works just as well. 

Put your best players on the field and use motion, then you don’t have Patrick DiMarco trying time catch jump balls. 
Daboll gets too cute for my liking in game. 

7 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

10 targets and 4 catches.  Three of them to the end zone and no catches.  No other receiver had those opportunities except for Brown around 5 yard line.  Yep, Williams was featured.

Of course the end zone throws were targeted, and 2 of those were uncatchable. 

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

You may be right on that.  I haven't watched any replays.  Just the game live.  

Houston was playing cover 2 on both of those and he was blanketed. Allen just threw it away both times because it wasn’t there and he needed to avoid the sack. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I saw them and they weren’t AMAZING. 

Ok let me go one step below then. They were "great" catches that no other person on our team makes. He literally laid out and caught at least 3 catches that were really good

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Ok let me go one step below then. They were "great" catches that no other person on our team makes. He literally laid out and caught at least 3 catches that were really good

It’s still a hard no from me. Duke did neither great or amazing things. 

He’s a fringe roster guy in the NFL. He shouldn’t be leading this team in targets in a playoff game. 

Duke was fine  He had a chance to come down with a td and came up short on a tough catch  He's not the answer but could be a viable wr3 for 2020  I'd start the depth chart with brown,beasley,duke and jettison the rest unless Mckenzie can be trusted to handle PR/KR  Get all new rbs to go with Singeltary

48 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Can we please put the Duke Williams nonsense to bed now? He had a chance to catch a perfectly placed jump ball in the end zone yesterday and failed. 

He is a #4 WR at best.

There is absolutely no way in hell that was a "Jump Ball" pass. The play to DiMarco was a Jump Ball. The play to Duke in the endzone was a fastball. Difficult catch but he should have caught it. And why are you dissing him if you think that he is only a #4 WR?? You expect a #4 receiver to catch that pass? You must be blind or high to make this observation.

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I wouldn’t call anything Duke did as amazing

Come on bang....you're better than that...I saw 3 amazing catches all for 1st downs that Foster, McKenzie or Roberts don't make. The 2 drops were both contested and broken up by the DB. The remaining target misses were poor throws by Josh. It's as simple as that. Duke could've brought more to this team over an entire season than these other wr pretenders. 

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I saw them and they weren’t AMAZING. 

On an NFL level they weren't, but for Bills fans it was something we haven't seen in years. A tight coverage contested catch is a normal weekly occurrence for most teams, but no one on our team other than Duke can make them. I think McDermott and Beane know we are missing that part of our offense which is why they activated him over Foster. It's just weird we only make him a featured part of our offense in the playoffs and give our 2nd most reliable receiver less snaps to accommodate him.

55 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Beasley is unreliable. He has suspect hands, and his knee down before the marker on 3rd and long is a perfect example of his limitations in big spots. It’s the reason he was phased out of the offense in Dallas.

He is not now, nor has he ever been, a reliable “Edelman-like” player.

It was his elbow that came down before his knee actually. He did a great job actually of keeping his knees from hitting the ground. It was a really close call. Had it been ruled a first down initially they would have stayed with that call. That's how close it was.

3 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

There is absolutely no way in hell that was a "Jump Ball" pass. The play to DiMarco was a Jump Ball. The play to Duke in the endzone was a fastball. Difficult catch but he should have caught it. And why are you dissing him if you think that he is only a #4 WR?? You expect a #4 receiver to catch that pass? You must be blind or high to make this observation.

I must be high to think a WR should catch a nicely thrown ball that hit him in the hands? Plays like that are what he’s supposed to be really good at right? 

I think the real question is where was Duke all season long? He should have been active on game days. Yeah he has some drop issues but so do a whole lot of guys on this team. He is one of the only guys on the team that makes regular "wow" type catches. Too bad he couldn't hall in the perfectly placed TD pass to end the half though. 

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

On an NFL level they weren't, but for Bills fans it was something we haven't seen in years. A tight coverage contested catch is a normal weekly occurrence for most teams, but no one on our team other than Duke can make them. I think McDermott and Beane know we are missing that part of our offense which is why they activated him over Foster. It's just weird we only make him a featured part of our offense in the playoffs and give our 2nd most reliable receiver less snaps to accommodate him.

And what no one has really talked about, that I have seen anyways, is how accurate the throws Josh made to get them there.  

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If you ONLY watch Bills games and only compare Dukes catches to catches by our other receivers then I guess you’d be super impressed by him. 

He made solid catches that a lot of other receivers make on a weekly basis. Good for him. Amazing or great though? Nah I don’t think so.

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Come on bang....you're better than that...I saw 3 amazing catches all for 1st downs that Foster, McKenzie or Roberts don't make. The 2 drops were both contested and broken up by the DB. The remaining target misses were poor throws by Josh. It's as simple as that. Duke could've brought more to this team over an entire season than these other wr pretenders. 

Amazing? Really? I guess you like to play real fast and loose with that adjective. 

I must be high to think a WR should catch a nicely thrown ball that hit him in the hands? Plays like that are what he’s supposed to be really good at right? 

I agree he should have caught that TD pass. Allen delivered the ball right where it needed to be. At the same time. Guys drop passes. Especially other guys on this team. It happens. Duke appears to actually have a decent ability to make some tough catches. Him and Allen should put in some two a days over the summer out at the ranch in Firebaugh. Get those hands ready for next season.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The throw was in the right place for only Duke to catch it but it wasn't a perfect throw by any means, he should have caught it but in no way it was a jumpball  pass. So yes blind or high or completely mistaken .  It wasn't an easy catch because the defender leaves his feet and comes across Duke's body. Duke is also at full stretch and twisting. Watch the replay in slow mo if you cant get this point, or just keep up the hate for Duke because he's the only reason they lost the game right?