Duke Williams played more snaps than Cole Beasley

HappyDays

30 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Fans got what they wanted, and not surprisingly, it didn't work.

Not true at all. No fans wanted Duke in as a number 1 or 2 reciever. Fans like myself wanted him in over foster or mckenzie to be a red zone threat and a bigger target for Allen, that's it. Nobody thinks Duke is a number 1 reciever. That being said, he had some good catches last night and I don't blame him for the drop in the endzone. It was a contested catch and a tad bit over thrown. You could make the case that none of the recievers on the bills would've made that catch. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, TPS said:

The critics need to explain why Foster would’ve been better, but don’t hold your breath...

I think Duke shut the door on any comparisons to Foster.  Duke is better.  

The question is, does he make the roster next year.  

I hope so.  I’m impressed by him.  He’s not the answer, but he’s an answer. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Daboll is s clown. My guess is if he doesn't get a HC gig next year is his last with the Bills.

It’s statements like this that make you look like a clown. Most of the plays that didn’t work came down to the poor execution of the o line. The qb sweep that Josh got rocked on because 3 blockers ran past the only defender in the area is an example. I believe that was in ot and would have gotten us into fg range. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TPS said:

Personally, every time I saw Kroft come on the field I cringed. He was useless. 

What makes you think he was featured? Most likely the coverage dictated a throw to the #3 or 4 option. 

10 targets for 4 catches.  They threw to him three times in the end zone and zero catches.  He played 56 snaps.  The guy played a lot.  Why the sudden love for Williams? He was on the roster all season yet hardly dressed.  To me, a real head scratcher.  I thought he deserved the nod over Foster and he played fairly well but Brown and Beasley got us to the playoffs.

The only logical reason is because we were going to a run heavy offense. 

But considering we pretty much abandoned the run int the second half....

Absolutely no excuse for this.  Daboll is still a problem and can’t get out of his own way.  It works when you have 3 legit WR, not when it’s a guy off the practice squad.  

This pisses me off as much as anything and I see no signs of it changing 

30 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Beasley is unreliable. He has suspect hands, and his knee down before the marker on 3rd and long is a perfect example of his limitations in big spots. It’s the reason he was phased out of the offense in Dallas.

He is not now, nor has he ever been, a reliable “Edelman-like” player.

I'm starting to believe this. Very disappointed in his impact yesterday. I'd obviously keep Smoke & Duke but after that anybody on this wr group is suspect. Obviously we need to draft a wr no later than round 2. And maybe even sign a mid level FA. I'm done with Smurfs and watching Patrick Dimarco run Go Routes.

• Like (+1) 1

I can't believe that people are on here criticizing Duke Williams, but when it comes to John Brown, crickets... His failure to stay in bounds was a huge play in the game. That was a routine sideline grab and should have set us up first and goal. People wanted to call HIM a #1 receiver? He's a soft, finesse player who needs to work in space opposite a true #1.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Clearly? His knee was down and was touched before he got past the line. 

He got the benefit of the doubt, just like

Hopkins did later in the game. 

Do you understand NFL rules? If you go down but are not touched, you are free to get back up and continue forward progress. His knee went down, and then he went airborne before he was touched. It is an open and shut case and the only people who didn’t understand this were the two morons announcing the game for ESPN.

21 minutes ago, TPS said:

Personally, every time I saw Kroft come on the field I cringed. He was useless. 

What makes you think he was featured? Most likely the coverage dictated a throw to the #3 or 4 option. 

10 targets and 4 catches.  Three of them to the end zone and no catches.  No other receiver had those opportunities except for Brown around 5 yard line.  Yep, Williams was featured.

25 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Did you not see the other amazing catches he had yesterday? I would be willing to bet none of our other receivers made those catches. Yes, he dropped one in the end zone, it happens. But of course that's all anyone remembers

I wouldn’t call anything Duke did as amazing

2 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

10 targets and 4 catches.  Three of them to the end zone and no catches.  No other receiver had those opportunities except for Brown around 5 yard line.  Yep, Williams was featured.

To be fair, two of those three were obvious throwaways and really shouldn’t be part of the talley.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I wouldn’t call anything Duke did as amazing

You didn't see the catches he made yesterday? They were better than any of the other catches that we had all game from anyone else and possibly even some of the better catches we had all season

2 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I don't know about 'featured.'   IMO, about half of those targets came from Josh coming off his initial read and coming back to Duke as the second option.   

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

10 targets for 4 catches.  They threw to him three times in the end zone and zero catches.  He played 56 snaps.  The guy played a lot.  Why the sudden love for Williams? He was on the roster all season yet hardly dressed.  To me, a real head scratcher.  I thought he deserved the nod over Foster and he played fairly well but Brown and Beasley got us to the playoffs.

As you agree, he should be there over Foster. 

As for targets, that doesn’t mean he was the #1 target on the play. Coverage dictates where the QB goes, and often that will be the #3 or 4 option. 

Also, 2 if those end zone throws were Uncatchable. 

They clearly need a #1, but Duke is a good #4 option. 

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

You didn't see the catches he made yesterday? They were better than any of the other catches that we had all game from anyone else and possibly even some of the better catches we had all season

I saw them and they weren’t AMAZING.