Duke Williams played more snaps than Cole Beasley

HappyDays

Just now, Bangarang said:

Can we please put the Duke Williams nonsense to bed now? He had a chance to catch a perfectly placed jump ball in the end zone yesterday and failed. 

He is a #4 WR at best.

If he is on the roster next year we have not done a good job in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Beasley is unreliable. He has suspect hands, and his knee down before the marker on 3rd and long is a perfect example of his limitations in big spots. It’s the reason he was phased out of the offense in Dallas.

He is not now, nor has he ever been, a reliable “Edelman-like” player.

It was ruled a 1st down.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Can we please put the Duke Williams nonsense to bed now? He had a chance to catch a perfectly placed jump ball in the end zone yesterday and failed. 

He is a #4 WR at best.

Actually last night was more proof that pro Duke people were right. You guys just won’t admit you’re wrong and also act like Duke is a problem of some kind that held other player back.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Fans got what they wanted, and not surprisingly, it didn't work.

I wanted Duke to play over Foster and based on yesterday that still looks like the right call. I just don't get playing him over Beasley. It's almost as bad as handing the ball off to Gore and giving Singletary zero rushes in overtime. Really weird personnel decisions but I don't know if Daboll or McDermott is responsible.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Beasley is unreliable. He has suspect hands, and his knee down before the marker on 3rd and long is a perfect example of his limitations in big spots. It’s the reason he was phased out of the offense in Dallas.

He is not now, nor has he ever been, a reliable “Edelman-like” player.

Huh? He clearly got the first down there.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He is a #4 WR at best.

Did you not see the other amazing catches he had yesterday? I would be willing to bet none of our other receivers made those catches. Yes, he dropped one in the end zone, it happens. But of course that's all anyone remembers

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1