Locker Room Cleanout - interviews

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Nope, I said Peterman outplayed Allen in pre-season - which he did. You're one of the many kids around here that has trouble with reading comprehension. Sorry, I can't fix that for you.

I'll let you pick the stat to show Allen was the better QB yesterday.

don’t need to keep hanging you hat on some made up QBR stat. 

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Nope, I said Peterman outplayed Allen in pre-season - which he did. You're one of the many kids around here that has trouble with reading comprehension. Sorry, I can't fix that for you.

I'll let you pick the stat to show Allen was the better QB yesterday.

I’ve always thought you, and a couple of other “quality” posters around here, remind me of the alcoholic in the family that keeps telling everyone else THEY are the ones with the problem. 

it’s not you. It couldn’t be.... it has to everyone else. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Like I said, dealer's choice.

first find me a post I made since the game that said Allen outplayed Watson. Once you can do that I will back that up with Stats. 

Fact is QBR is about as much of a sham as PFF made up by ESPN to include totally ambiguous criteria. 

defend your go to QBR stat. How is it determined

Edited by MAJBobby

6 hours ago, egd said:

Chip on his shoulder?? Won't be over the loss until next season?? New England players get over the loss by the next day, and are onto the next game. I know I am over the loss. I don't let myself become emotionally invested in a game. Josh needs to learn to maintain his focus. The Houston game means nothing.

It's the name of his fuel this off season.  What ever works.  Either you're working to get ahead, or working to stay ahead.  There are A LOT of reasons he should plan on working hard this off season.  I just hope he spends time working on specific repeated errors (poor feet, downward ball angle, developing broken route tree)

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, egd said:

Ok, then I apologize for my false accusation. I should follow your posts closer.

I get critical at times. Mellowed recently since TT left. But will point out when McD is the problem. I haven’t called for him to be fired yet. Just to hold himself to the same growth mindset he preaches to the players. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I get critical at times. Mellowed recently since TT left. But will point out when McD is the problem. I haven’t called for him to be fired yet. Just to hold himself to the same growth mindset he preaches to the players. 

Will do my friend! Thank you.

I thought the most interesting was Phillips. His response of “I love it here but it is up to them” is clearly a way of saying what his agent told him to say. That tells me he will go in with some over the top number because of this year’s sack total. 

I love his fire but if he wants Star L money he is gone because we need to be smart in allocating resources. 

We went to the mat to keep him here and give him a role, now let’s see if he will give us a fair contract with incentives that is in line with his real value. 

Edited by Locomark

24 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I thought the most interesting was Phillips. His response of “I love it here but it is up to them” is clearly a way of saying what his agent told him to say. That tells me he will go in with some over the top number because of this year’s sack total. 

I love his fire but if he wants Star L money he is gone because we need to be smart in allocating resources. 

We went to the mat to keep him here and give him a role, now let’s see if he will give us a fair contract with incentives that is in line with his real value. 

If Jordan Phillips wants Star L money, it is a no brainer to sign him.  $10M/year for his production is not a bad deal for Buffalo.  I suspect he'll want more; how much more is subject to speculation so I doubt anyone here would have a clue as to what the figure would be.

14 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If Jordan Phillips wants Star L money, it is a no brainer to sign him.  $10M/year for his production is not a bad deal for Buffalo.  I suspect he'll want more; how much more is subject to speculation so I doubt anyone here would have a clue as to what the figure would be.

$10+ guaranteed is a no for me. $7 million with $ 3million in incentives is ok. He may never have this year again and he is 27. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He struggled in crunch time. But I also thought he played well overall. Had a TD dropped, made some big time throws, big time runs. But I asked an objective 3rd party who watched the game  just to make Sure I wasn’t biased and he said he thought he was good but reckless. Super talented but still raw. Said “he’s only 23! Exciting”. I accepted that answer. 

he also had 2 pick 6’s dropped and dropped the ball himself.  He needs massive improvement dor next year.  

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

Uhhh if he wants Star money then you write that check instantly. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

This is completely opposed to what actually happened. Allen had all day to throw. The line was borderline elite with how much time they gave him on all but a couple of plays. Maybe it looks like it because he holds the ball longer than any QB in the league. That's the privilege you get when a line gives you time.

Not the way I saw it. Borderline elite? Hardly.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Exactly. because somebody is gonna go ahead and dangle around 15 or 16 a year. Interior sacks are big bucks. 

I’m not a fan of the franchise tag but I would use it in this case. I’d like to see one more year before committing a blank check basically 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I’m not a fan of the franchise tag but I would use it in this case. I’d like to see one more year before committing a blank check basically 

Love the dude. But there were disappearing acts Periodically. I’m very skeptical he’ll put together another 8-10 sack season 

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Okay so 1. it hasn't even been a day yet and 2. there is a difference between dwelling on a loss too much and using it as motivation to get better.

Absolutely! Our playoff loss to in ‘89 galvanized that team and served as fuel for our first SB season the following year. Speaks well of Josh that he doesn’t like that taste in his mouth. Especially knowing how close we really were.

• Like (+1) 2