Locker Room Cleanout - interviews

YoloinOhio

21 hours ago, egd said:

Chip on his shoulder?? Won't be over the loss until next season?? New England players get over the loss by the next day, and are onto the next game. I know I am over the loss. I don't let myself become emotionally invested in a game. Josh needs to learn to maintain his focus. The Houston game means nothing.

Maybe if he took the chip and wildly threw it over his shoulder to nobody in particular...

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, egd said:

Chip on his shoulder?? Won't be over the loss until next season?? New England players get over the loss by the next day, and are onto the next game. I know I am over the loss. I don't let myself become emotionally invested in a game. Josh needs to learn to maintain his focus. The Houston game means nothing.

You claim to be stoic, but acting like an emotionally charged person concerned over something totally out of your control. -  Can you see the conflict?  Not that there is anything wrong with feeling emotions.   It is human to do so.   And it is admirable to try to release them instead of letting them control your attitude.

I don't buy into the New England players getting over a loss by the next day because they are New England players - that's no doubt entirely wrong.    The staff might preach stoicism (don't know if they do), but even so, that doesn't mean all the players are automatically stoic.  They are human and many of them highly emotional - especially Brady.  very, very emotional if you watch him.

McDermott might agree with you though.  Perhaps McDermott is the stoic he preaches to be, and if so, he might very well believe that the Houston game means nothing.   According to his own philosophy the outcome of the game is out of his control.  If he can get each position to play better together the wins will outnumber the losses and they might accidentally win a championship.   That is what the process is all about.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:00 PM, Whitey13 said:

If you think the Pats players are over losing to the Titans yesterday and are content watching from the their couch I doubt you've played a sport in your life.

+1