Locker Room Cleanout - interviews

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, egd said:

Chip on his shoulder?? Won't be over the loss until next season?? New England players get over the loss by the next day, and are onto the next game. I know I am over the loss. I don't let myself become emotionally invested in a game. Josh needs to learn to maintain his focus. The Houston game means nothing.

wow,  and if you ever become an NFL QB you will have that part of the game mastered.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vincec said:

The OL dominated in the first half and held up OK for most of the second despite the Bills throwing it virtually all the time. By comparison, Houston's OL got manhandled and Watson was still spectacular. I don' think the OL is the main culprit here. If you think you're going to sit back in all clean pockets in the playoffs, on the road, then you have unrealistic expectations.

I could not possibly disagree with this more. The blocking was the main problem in the second half.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, egd said:

Chip on his shoulder?? Won't be over the loss until next season?? New England players get over the loss by the next day, and are onto the next game. I know I am over the loss. I don't let myself become emotionally invested in a game. Josh needs to learn to maintain his focus. The Houston game means nothing.

Congratulations, you now have the distinguished honor of TBD Troll of the week!

3 hours ago, egd said:

It is one thing to put a regular season game behind you in order to focus on next week.  A playoff game is a different animal.  When it comes time to play next season, the Bills will focus on one game at a time like they did this season, but using a playoff loss to drive your off season work a little harder is not a bad thing.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, egd said:

You're a troll. You come here with a holier-than-thou "Don't get emotionally invested in a game" speech... In the very place you could expect to find the highest concentration of diehard fans. Low-class move.

5 hours ago, egd said:

You should probably just stop watching games, you surely are not a fan anyways

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's tough to say. It's possible that McD is more conservative than he'd like to be because he doesn't fully trust Allen. Or maybe he's just conservative and it's impeding Allen's progress.

I'm personally impressed with McD's track record in terms of maximizing win totals. That's how I judge HC's. Maybe he's not a "champion." Didn't coach like a champion yesterday. But I'm not ready to throw him under the bus and he gets a slight pass given his playoff QB's were Tyrod(good guy, very average QB) and a young JA(good kid, very shaky at times.)

We shall see.

darned good post

all of it

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, egd said:

Yeah, you're emotionally uninvested.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

You can take his 69.5 QBR from yesterday and stare at his poster on your wall. I prefer Watson's 121.2

The kid sucks.

So you’ll take his 235 yds 1 int and 1 yds and 69.5 rating from his first playoff game last year then as well correct? Cuz that was Watson’s game last year against the colts.

josh showed much more impressive stuff and guts to me than the bad. Glad he is our QB and look forward to his continued improvement and learning! 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Josh Allen now has 28 starts. He was below-average in every passing metric other than sack avoidance this year. If he's going to be something special, wouldn't we know by now? Is there any quarterback who made a major leap after two below-average seasons? Maybe it's possible.

Look at Ben Roethlisberger's stats. Made a huge leap in year 3. And that only took me 30 seconds to find. I'm sure Brees had the same jump. And many others.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They were even down 2-3 players in the secondary vs us. I also believe they get beat down. KC will score with ease.

They kept a lot of defenders back in coverage confident they could generate pressure with 3 and 4 man rushes...which they did.

Was easier to bottle up our receivers.

Not a steller outing for our o-line, but I think there were a few guys playing pretty dinged up, and we need better talent/coaching-up of the OT positions.

There are positions for Beane and his staff to improve upon.

Edited by WideNine

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

I could not possibly disagree with this more. The blocking was the main problem in the second half.

This is completely opposed to what actually happened. Allen had all day to throw. The line was borderline elite with how much time they gave him on all but a couple of plays. Maybe it looks like it because he holds the ball longer than any QB in the league. That's the privilege you get when a line gives you time.

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

You can take his 69.5 QBR from yesterday and stare at his poster on your wall. I prefer Watson's 121.2

The kid sucks.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this the schmuck that pounded the table for and brought out every excuse in the book in defense of peterman? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this the schmuck that pounded the table for and brought out every excuse in the book in defense of peterman? 

he still thinks QBR is an actual good stat to use. 

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Nope, I said Peterman outplayed Allen in pre-season - which he did. You're one of the many kids around here that has trouble with reading comprehension. Sorry, I can't fix that for you.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

he still thinks QBR is an actual good stat to use. 

I'll let you pick the stat to show Allen was the better QB yesterday.