Locker Room Cleanout - interviews

YoloinOhio

If I had to pick a unit on this team to blame this loss on it’s definitely the O-Line. Allen barely had enough time to take two steps before he felt pressure.

Allen also has to improve his field vision and awareness, as of right now he is horrid. When a team brings pressure and has Allen’s hot read covered he is dead if he doesn’t make a play with his legs.

If Allen keeps playing this style of game I can see him missing around 3 games a year to injury. If a QB drops to the Bills in this draft and he’s BPA they better pull the trigger because Barkley sucks.

The offensive talent on this team is very bad. Maybe Daboll is running aggressive play calling in the beginning of game knowing that they cannot be sustained. We have nobody on this offense that demands a double team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If I had to pick a unit on this team to blame this loss on it’s definitely the O-Line. Allen barely had enough time to take two steps before he felt pressure.

Allen also has to improve his field vision and awareness, as of right now he is horrid. When a team brings pressure and has Allen’s hot read covered he is dead if he doesn’t make a play with his legs.

If Allen keeps playing this style of game I can see him missing around 3 games a year to injury. If a QB drops to the Bills in this draft and he’s BPA they better pull the trigger because Barkley sucks.

The offensive talent on this team is very bad. Maybe Daboll is running aggressive play calling in the beginning of game knowing that they cannot be sustained. We have nobody on this offense that demands a double team.

The OL dominated in the first half and held up OK for most of the second despite the Bills throwing it virtually all the time. By comparison, Houston's OL got manhandled and Watson was still spectacular. I don' think the OL is the main culprit here. If you think you're going to sit back in all clean pockets in the playoffs, on the road, then you have unrealistic expectations.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

If you are sports reporter and you are asking a guy about not playing who played.....well you need to find another line of work.

Reading the daily news here in nyc, they kept saying that Josh Rosen was having a pretty good season. That’s so embarrassing to me that you can’t get the starting QB of a team you’re highlighting right? Especially since it goes through proof reading and an editor. Reporting has become very lazy.

2 hours ago, egd said:

A good athlete learns from his mistakes after losing a game and quickly clears his mind. Dwelling on a game does no good.

No, a good athlete is not happy with a loss and goes back to the grind stone doing what it takes to get better. Josh has a the drive you want in a young QB. He's not happy with how it turned out and he is going to do everything in his power to get better. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, egd said:

Chip on his shoulder?? Won't be over the loss until next season?? New England players get over the loss by the next day, and are onto the next game. I know I am over the loss. I don't let myself become emotionally invested in a game. Josh needs to learn to maintain his focus. The Houston game means nothing.

Oh....so who is your favorite team. It cant be the Bills.

1 minute ago, vincec said:

The OL dominated in the first half and held up OK for most of the second despite the Bills throwing it virtually all the time. By comparison, Houston's OL got manhandled and Watson was still spectacular. I don' think the OL is the main culprit here. If you think you're going to sit back in all clean pockets in the playoffs, on the road, then you have unrealistic expectations.

I agree, Allen ultimately needs to start making teams pay for bringing pressure with the blitz. The O-Line was solid in the 1st half but I thought they played very bad down the stretch.

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You can take his 69.5 QBR from yesterday and stare at his poster on your wall. I prefer Watson's 121.2

The kid sucks.

Watson definitely outperformed Allen the past 2 seasons.  Any rationale football fan could agree with that.

You could just say that but you choose to frame it with a WWE smack down description of "The kid sucks".

Bravo Barry!

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I always heard from some nfl personnel guys i know that as a QB “ you are what you are by year 3”. I don’t know if that’s the magic # or not. But I don’t think it’s less than that. 

He may be the exception, but didnt Drew Brees suck his first 3 years and then turn it on his 4th or 5th year?

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There were a few plays the OL let Allen down. Typically this season vs 4 or less they did a good job. I'm not exactly sure why they were confused at times. When lineman are confused it's typically because they're in the wrong protection. Josh Allen has final say on all protection calls. I'm not saying Josh Allen put his line in poor position on plays but it's likely. Cody Ford simply got beat on a couple.

Although your first year QB can and does call out protections, the center also plays a big role.

That is why they spent big money on a veteran like Mitch so he could shoulder more of that responsibility.

Not sure why they struggle as much as they do at times with 3 and 4 man rushes. It is something NE employs a lot of dropping all those guys into coverage confident that Allen will hold the ball longer, and their few rushers can still generate pressure.

2 hours ago, egd said:

Chip on his shoulder?? Won't be over the loss until next season?? New England players get over the loss by the next day, and are onto the next game. I know I am over the loss. I don't let myself become emotionally invested in a game. Josh needs to learn to maintain his focus. The Houston game means nothing.

Next game is 8 months away

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Watson definitely outperformed Allen the past 2 seasons.  Any rationale football fan could agree with that.

You could just say that but you choose to frame it with a WWE smack down description of "The kid sucks".

Bravo Barry!

And it’s also worth pointing out that between Clemson and the NFL  Watson has been playing against high quality opponents and with high quality teammates 5-6 years longer than Josh Allen has.

Give the kid a chance—I like his trajectory so far, considering how raw he was coming out of college.

Edited by MattM

7 minutes ago, MattM said:

And it’s also worth pointing out that between Clemson and the NFL  Watson has been playing against high quality opponents and with high quality teammates 5-6 years longer than Josh Allen has.

Give the kid a chance—I like his trajectory so far, considering how raw he was coming out of college.

Like I said in another thread today, I probably make some "excuses" for Josh at times but one thing I do believe is that he did start

his NFL career "behind the curve" so to speak.  It's hard for some fans to accept the fact that he is a "project" QB and being one it

takes a year or two more to get to the position of enough growth to show what he can (or cannot for that matter) do.

I got no problem with Beane and McDermott giving him the whole 4 years to show it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s one opinion. I think he’s smart enough to compartmentalize in his mind and maintain an edge from losing a tough game,  AND continue to improve. Plus, Even if that were a fact, the kid is like 18 hours removed from the game. It’s raw and there is emotion. He may be able to put it behind him sooner than he thinks but right now he’s still processing everything 

Not to mention, given how good he’s been at giving diplomatic answers and being cognizant of the optics of his pressers, imagine the absolute regional melt down if he answered he was over it already? Or that he was confident he could put it behind him quickly? Don’t you want your leader to say he’ll keep this churning in his mind to fuel the competitive fire and learn / mature through it?? 

Give me a guy who can do what he does physically, demonstrate a profound ability to improve over one season and a fundamental commitment to keep improving knowing he can, any day of the week - all day. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1