Locker Room Cleanout - interviews

YoloinOhio

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

He struggled yesterday?? I thought he looked pretty sharp all game. He made a couple bone headed decisions - and I’ll chalk those up to being a young guy trying to win the game by himself when it became apparent the coaching wasn’t going to do him any favors in the 4th quarter - but by no means would I say that he struggled. That’s ridiculous. 

He struggled in crunch time. But I also thought he played well overall. Had a TD dropped, made some big time throws, big time runs. But I asked an objective 3rd party who watched the game  just to make Sure I wasn’t biased and he said he thought he was good but reckless. Super talented but still raw. Said “he’s only 23! Exciting”. I accepted that answer. 

• Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, egd said:

In the twitter quote, Allen says he won't be over the loss until next season. In order to improve, you must clear your mind.

Thanks for telling us the secret to improving. Maybe you should write a book.

• Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, egd said:

In the twitter quote, Allen says he won't be over the loss until next season. In order to improve, you must clear your mind.

Generally I'd think you'd need to think about what you did wrong/need to improve on to be able to work on it and get better but maybe your right Allen just needs to be more "Zen".?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, egd said:

That’s one opinion. I think he’s smart enough to compartmentalize in his mind and maintain an edge from losing a tough game,  AND continue to improve. Plus, Even if that were a fact, the kid is like 18 hours removed from the game. It’s raw and there is emotion. He may be able to put it behind him sooner than he thinks but right now he’s still processing everything 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s one opinion. I think he’s smart enough to compartmentalize in his mind and maintain an edge from losing a tough game,  AND continue to improve. Plus, Even if that were a fact, the kid is like 18 hours removed from the game. It’s raw and there is emotion. He may be able to put it behind him sooner than he thinks but right now he’s still processing everything 

yep.  Plus, hell, Brady is STILL playing with a chip on his shoulder from his college days (and the draft), isn’t he?

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, egd said:

Chip on his shoulder?? Won't be over the loss until next season?? New England players get over the loss by the next day, and are onto the next game. I know I am over the loss. I don't let myself become emotionally invested in a game. Josh needs to learn to maintain his focus. The Houston game means nothing.

How old were you when you got dropped on your head?

• Haha (+1) 7

42 minutes ago, egd said:

Chip on his shoulder?? Won't be over the loss until next season?? New England players get over the loss by the next day, and are onto the next game. I know I am over the loss. I don't let myself become emotionally invested in a game. Josh needs to learn to maintain his focus. The Houston game means nothing.

Yeah he needs to stay focused  for next week  ;)

They don't play until next September so he can dwell on it all he wants and if he uses this as motivation to improve that's great for him :)

McDermott should cue up footage of the 2013 NBA Finals. I’m a lifelong Spurs fan and feel the same after the Bills loss as I did after game 6. The Spurs were up 5 with 28secs to go, the trophy was being set up, I’m taking tequila shots. And then kawhi misses a free throw and Ray allen ties it with a last second 3.  They were too demoralized for OT and then game 7 and lost.

But at the start of 2014, you could tell they were on a mission. They whooped a** on their way back to the Finals and got their revenge on the Heat destroying them in 5 games.  You could just see their determination and focus on ever possession that year.

When Allen says he will use it as a chip on his shoulder and get better, that is what I expect for this team next season.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, egd said:

Where did you get your sports psychology degree from? Walmart U?

• Haha (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, egd said:

You are actually equating your investment in that game as fan to his investment in that game? And acting like you are superior mentally to him because YOU are over it? The kid just battled on the field all year and gave everything he had, Absorbed contact all day,  limped onto the podium today to answer questions but if only he could have handled it like you. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Not sure. I wish I could find a clip of it. Shaq went into an explanation of how his knee was totally fine even after a different follow up question was asked.

Here's the clip of Shaq.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/1-5-shaq-lawson-locker-room-cleanout

I can't figure out who it was either.  I assume national press or someone from the Houston side.

• Thank you (+1) 1