Locker Room Cleanout - interviews

YoloinOhio

Yikes. I was just listening to Shaq being interviewed on WGR as I went to the store and a reporter asked him how it felt to miss the playoff game with a knee injury. He told him he did play. It was wicked uncomfortable for the next few moments.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Yikes. I was just listening to Shaq being interviewed on WGR as I went to the store and a reporter asked him how it felt to miss the playoff game with a knee injury. He told him he did play. It was wicked uncomfortable for the next few moments.

Lol wtf

6 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Did they confuse Shaq Lawson with Levi Wallace?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Did they confuse Shaq Lawson with Levi Wallace?

Not sure. I wish I could find a clip of it. Shaq went into an explanation of how his knee was totally fine even after a different follow up question was asked.

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chip on his shoulder?? Won't be over the loss until next season?? New England players get over the loss by the next day, and are onto the next game. I know I am over the loss. I don't let myself become emotionally invested in a game. Josh needs to learn to maintain his focus. The Houston game means nothing.

Edited by egd
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, egd said:

Chip on his shoulder?? Won't be over the loss until next season?? New England players get over the loss by the next day, and are onto the next game. I know I am ver the loss. I don't let myself become emotionally invested in a game. Josh needs to learn to maintain his focus. The Houston game means nothing.

lol wat

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, egd said:

Chip on his shoulder?? Won't be over the loss until next season?? New England players get over the loss by the next day, and are onto the next game. I know I am over the loss. I don't let myself become emotionally invested in a game. Josh needs to learn to maintain his focus. The Houston game means nothing.

If you think the Pats players are over losing to the Titans yesterday and are content watching from the their couch I doubt you've played a sport in your life.

• Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Whitey13 said:

If you think the Pats players are over losing to the Titans yesterday and are content watching from the their couch I doubt you've played a sport in your life.

A good athlete learns from his mistakes after losing a game and quickly clears his mind. Dwelling on a game does no good.

2 minutes ago, egd said:

A good athlete learns from his mistakes after losing a game and quickly clears his mind. Dwelling on a game does no good.

Okay so 1. it hasn't even been a day yet and 2. there is a difference between dwelling on a loss too much and using it as motivation to get better.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He struggled yesterday?? I thought he looked pretty sharp all game. He made a couple bone headed decisions - and I’ll chalk those up to being a young guy trying to win the game by himself when it became apparent the coaching wasn’t going to do him any favors in the 4th quarter - but by no means would I say that he struggled. That’s ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 17
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Okay so 1. it hasn't even been a day yet and 2. there is a difference between dwelling on a loss too much and using it as motivation to get better.

In the twitter quote, Allen says he won't be over the loss until next season. In order to improve, you must clear your mind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5