Bills draft position hinges on Seahawks-Eagles. Let’s go Eagles!

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, buffaloaggie said:

Draft order is determined by when a playoff team loses, then their record. New England and Buffalo are grouped with other wild card losers, and will fill slots 21-24. The losing teams will then fill the slots based on records Bills(10-6) Patriots (12-4). Saints (13-3) and Vikings (10-6, but better Strength of Schedule than Bills) would draft behind us, and the Seahawks (11-5) would draft behind us, but the Eagles at 9-7 would draft ahead of us, if they lose.

Hope people read this...slots 21-24 determined this week, then 25-28 next week, etc. 

28 minutes ago, buffaloaggie said:

Draft order is determined by when a playoff team loses, then their record. New England and Buffalo are grouped with other wild card losers, and will fill slots 21-24. The losing teams will then fill the slots based on records Bills(10-6) Patriots (12-4). Saints (13-3) and Vikings (10-6, but better Strength of Schedule than Bills) would draft behind us, and the Seahawks (11-5) would draft behind us, but the Eagles at 9-7 would draft ahead of us, if they lose.

Let's hope that Goodell deprives the Cheatriots of their #24 overall pick because of their latest scandal (filming the Bungles' sideline).

11 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Plenty of things in NFL don't make sense.  Like the 3rd and 18 play in which the play clock goes to 0 before the snap.  Yet this is not reviewable.  Even though it was obvious.

personally i don't put a whole lot of stock in superimposed graphics being correctly displayed. give me a camera angle that shows the play on the field and the play clock in the same shot and i would have a better, more accurate idea of whether or not it actually expired.

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

no. and to be honest, i don't have much of an opinion on it either. i just think were the Eagles to lose, that them being a division winner, they would be picking ahead of a wildcard entrant seems somewhat off. i understand the whys and wherefores, just arguing there is a logical argument the other way is all.

It seems off because the NFL basically says wrt the the playoff format if you win your division you are better than a WC team and deserve homefield.

But in the draft process your regular season record determines who was better.

It's a stupidity that the NFL really should clear up.

Better record should be better seed.

Stop worrying about rewarding 9-7 division winners for beating a bad division.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It seems off because the NFL basically says wrt the the playoff format if you win your division you are better than a WC team and deserve homefield.

But in the draft process your regular season record determines who was better.

It's a stupidity that the NFL really should clear up.

Better record should be better seed.

Stop worrying about rewarding 9-7 division winners for beating a bad division.

again, i really don't have an opinion one way or t'other (well, i guess to be honest i do otherwise i wouldn't have brought the point up). i guess my main point was that there is an argument to be made contrary to what the current (NFL) reasoning is.

to your last, regarding rewarding division winners for having a better record than wild card teams, it would seem to me that the whole conference would have to be seeded according to their conference records. you could still have divisions but then their significance would be somewhat diminished.

Edited by Foxx

Just now, Foxx said:

again, i really don't have an opinion one way or t'other (well, i guess to be honest i do otherwise i wouldn't have brought the point up). my main point was that there is an argument to be made contrary to what the current (NFL) reasoning is.

to your last point regarding rewarding division winners for having a better record than wild card teams, it would seem to me that the whole conference would have to be seeded according to their conference records. you could still have divisions but then their significance would be somewhat diminished.

I don't agree with conference records being how standings are determined because schedules aren't even.   At best those should remain tie-breakers.

But as far as going by best record it still doesn't eliminate the value of winning the division.

There are plenty of years when division winners wouldn't make the playoffs otherwise.......... so winning your division is an inherent prize because it guarantees you a spot even if you finish 7-9 and there are 4 teams with better records left out.

What's more if you finish first in a bad division it's likely that you picked up a lot of cheap wins against bad teams in your division.     It's utter BS that the Seahawks are traveling to Philly.   They were inches away from having a bye and a home game.   I don't personally care,  ***** Seattle,  but it is BS.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Foxx said:

so...  are you saying that if a Superbowl winning team has a final record of 17-2 and the loser of the Superbowl has a record of 18-1, the winner gets to pick before the loser? obviously i know the reasoning and who would pick where and why, i'm just saying that certain aspects of the seeding doesn't make sense to me.

This is interesting, and I had not considered this angle until this thread.

I think a better example of why it's broke and needs fixing:

A division winner could be 7-9, and get the 4th seed in the conference--as well as the reward of hosting a playoff game. 

The 6th seed in the conference could conceivably be 14-2, and play a road game as a wildcard.

If both of those teams lost, the 7-9 division winner, playoff game host would get a higher (4 slots, likely) draft pick than the 14-2 wild card team. 

A simple fix would be, slot the 4 losers from the wild card and divisional round games first by whether or not they won their division, and then by record.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't agree with conference records being how standings are determined because schedules aren't even.   At best those should remain tie-breakers.

But as far as going by best record it still doesn't eliminate the value of winning the division.

There are plenty of years when division winners wouldn't make the playoffs otherwise.......... so winning your division is an inherent prize because it guarantees you a spot even if you finish 7-9 and there are 4 teams with better records left out.

What's more if you finish first in a bad division it's likely that you picked up a lot of cheap wins against bad teams in your division.     It's utter BS that the Seahawks are traveling to Philly.   They were inches away from having a bye and a home game.   I don't personally care,  ***** Seattle,  but it is BS.

valid arguments for a multitude of positions that one could possibly take with regard here. 

i guess i am okay with things as they are, as that is the way it has always been. just be grateful that no arbitrary ruling can be made, unlike so many other facets of the game.

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

valid arguments for a multitude of positions that one could possibly take with regard here. 

i guess i am okay with things as they are, as that is the way it has always been. just be grateful that no arbitrary ruling can be made, unlike so many other facets of the game.

You mean like overturning a TD because “common sense” says the player never meant to be an idiot! Ugh. No I’m not over it 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Bills need to snag the most elite WR, Tackle, DE or CB at 21 or 22

I’m ok if they go WR in the 1st, but with it being such a deep WR draft I think the 2nd rd could produce a stud and would prefer a pass rusher in the 1st. But until I see how FA shakes out i guess I don’t know. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m ok if they go WR in the 1st, but with it being such a deep WR draft I think the 2nd rd could produce a stud and would prefer a pass rusher in the 1st. But until I see how FA shakes out i guess I don’t know. 

I guess the problem I see is outside of Amari Cooper who everyone is going to want, AJ green is the next best option and you don’t know what your getting there. After that there is literally nothing at WR on the Free Agent market. Brashad Perriman might be the next best FA out there. You have to draft guys unless you get Cooper(who may get tagged) or Green(injury risk).

I think the Bills should target RT Jack Conklin from the Titans to fill that void and move Ford inside permanently or get Anthony Constanzo from the Colts in Free agency. 

There are some good pass rushers in Free Agency outside of Clowney, Chris Jones and Yannick.  

It will be interesting but i see them going O line again in Free Agency and maybe Pass Rusher and drafting WR, DB, LB early 

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

so...  are you saying that if a Superbowl winning team has a final record of 17-2 and the loser of the Superbowl has a record of 18-1, the winner gets to pick before the loser? obviously i know the reasoning and who would pick where and why, i'm just saying that certain aspects of the seeding doesn't make sense to me.

Of course! Because the winner of the Superbowl is considered the best team in the league, and therefore they get the last pick.