Patriots likely to have league’s best haul of compensatory picks

Patriots likely to have league’s best haul of compensatory picks

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-likely-league-best-haul-112200719.html

Although the NFL has not yet announced the compensatory picks for the 2020 NFL draft, Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com has projected the picksusing data from how the NFL has awarded compensatory picks in the past, and the Patriots appear to have the best haul of compensatory picks in the league coming.

The highest compensatory picks are in the third round, and New England is expected to be the only team with two third-round compensatory picks. Those picks, which are being awarded to the Patriots for losing Trey Flowers and Trent Brown in free agency, are likely to be the 97th and 99th overall picks in the draft. The Patriots are also expected to get two sixth-round compensatory picks, for losing Malcom Brown and Cordarrelle Patterson.

For spy gate 2 alone they should lose all compensatory picks and a First and second round draft picks for starters. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

it’s been completely predictable as it’s a relatively simple system 

every team loses FA players 

they seem to get more than normal 

I’d bet Tainted Tom will get them 3 by himself ;)  ;)   :) ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

For spy gate 2 alone they should lose all compensatory picks and a First and second round draft picks for starters. 

I bet the league awards them more picks for creative ways to cheat ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

every team loses FA players 

they seem to get more than normal 

I’d bet Tainted Tom will get them 3 by himself ;)  ;)   :) ? 

and yet, they’ve never gotten them out of line with the rules. A relatively simple formula

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Tortured Soul said:

They're down a 2, 4, and 5 from trades.

Part of the way the Pats*** manage comp picks.  They sometimes trade for players rather than sign FAs who would count against the comp pick formula.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I’d bet Tainted Tom will get them 3 by himself

Max one 3rd rounder, if he signs elsewhere.  The number of picks is based on player count, not the whininess of the player.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Their coaching/success makes their players look better than they are, causing them to be signed for more than they are worth, leading to higher compensatory value?

Exactly.  They know how to work the system to the max.  The players they lose are signed for big money contracts and with a couple exceptions don't make much of an impact on their new teams.  And they sign low price/one year free agent deals or sign late round drafted or rookie free agent players, like Hogan, to offer sheets their old team likely won't match.  The losses outweigh the gains.

My opinion of the compensatory draft pick system is that its anti-competitive and unless I'm wrong is unique to football. 

They should not have been allowed in the playoffs after being caught cheating yet again.  They should be fined BIG time.  Strip them from all comp draft picks, 1st & 2nd rnd picks & lower their cap.  The NFL needs to send a message but our Jamestown boy, Goodell has his head so far up NE’s @ss, doubtful much happens.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, arcane said:

But the dude upthread said it SEEMS like they get them too much!! It SEEMS! Rigged!!!!

that’s what I said.  

in a parity driven league .... rewarding the top teams seems to go against what Free Agency is meant to do. 

Equal the playing field.  

no one forces NE**** to let the vets go. 

Yet they get awarded year after year.  As if they found a way to skirt the system