Music City Miracle Redux

This was just as bad as the Music City Miracle except that the pain was spread out over an hour this time, making it real torture.

Maybe the MCMiracle was karma payback for the Frank Reich comeback game against that francise (and the flag that was never thrown on Don Bebee for stepping out of bounds).  And maybe this is karma payback to the Houston fans for the same thing?

I'm tired of being philosophical about it, I just want to curl up into fetal position and suck my thumb.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Dan Darragh said:

This was just as bad as the Music City Miracle except that the pain was spread out over an hour this time, making it real torture.

Maybe the MCMiracle was karma payback for the Frank Reich comeback game against that francise (and the flag that was never thrown on Don Bebee for stepping out of bounds).  And maybe this is karma payback to the Houston fans for the same thing?

I'm tired of being philosophical about it, I just want to curl up into fetal position and suck my thumb.

If you can go further in the fetal position, your thumb wont be the only thing you can suck!

Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 4

A big difference between this game and the Music City Miracle game is that for the earlier game, Bills' fans hadn't yet developed the fatalism we have now.  In 2000, we hadn't yet learned to expect things to go wrong.  Now we have.  So I wasn't all that surprised when the the Texans came back.  When I completely lose the emotional detachment I've had to build up over the last twenty years as a Bills fan- I lost a lot of it this year -  I'll know that the Bills are truly back and no longer a snake bitten franchise. 

19 hours ago, NOVA fan said:

A big difference between this game and the Music City Miracle game is that for the earlier game, Bills' fans hadn't yet developed the fatalism we have now.  In 2000, we hadn't yet learned to expect things to go wrong.  Now we have.  So I wasn't all that surprised when the the Texans came back.  When I completely lose the emotional detachment I've had to build up over the last twenty years as a Bills fan- I lost a lot of it this year -  I'll know that the Bills are truly back and no longer a snake bitten franchise. 

You obviously weren't watching in the 1980s

19 hours ago, DrDare said:

It was not surprising. I was fully expecting it the entire time

This guy, on the other hand, remembers the 1980s very well

22 hours ago, iinii said:

Probably not.....

I’m going to need a more definitive answer. I’m consulting a Buddhist monk and a Hindu pujari 

update:

they both charge an hourly rate so it will remain a mystery of the cosmos

Edited by benderbender

7 hours ago, benderbender said:

I’m going to need a more definitive answer. I’m consulting a Buddhist monk and a Hindu pujari 

update:

they both charge an hourly rate so it will remain a mystery of the cosmos

Indeed

If it makes you feel better to feel worse, it's both.

—We lost a comeback game in Houston to the Texans.

—And the Titans, formerly the Oilers, beat the Patriots, something we couldn't do on two tries this year, to win the upset and go to the divisional around. 

As you can see, the football gods are punishing Buffalo for the Greatest Comeback game being their franchise highlight (besides OJ Simpson of course).